Five

I woke up at five in the morning. School didn't start until seven thirty, but I didn't want to take any chances.

I brought my clothes into the bathroom, and took a quick shower. I wrapped the towel around me, and dried my hair. I stared at myself in the mirror for a long time, trying to figure out what to do with the red mess on my head.

Natural waves? Straight? Curled?

Finally I decided to straighten it, and I pinned my bangs back with a black flower barrette. Then I put on foundation, black eyeliner, black mascara, natural colors for eyeshadow, and light pink blush. To finish it off, I applied clear lipgloss lightly on my lips. Nodding in satisfaction, I put on my nylons, and slipped my dress on, struggling with the zipper. After five minutes, I finally gave up, and went into the kitchen area to seek my mothers help.

She was reading the paper. Where she got it, I had no clue. On the cover was Spiderman himself, swinging from a web. Mom looked up when I walked in, and smiled.

"Well, don't you look fancy," she complimented.

"So do you," I chuckled. "Seriously, are you to work, or are you going to get drinks with friends?"

She was wearing black slacks, and a cute, dark purple top.

She stood up, rolling her eyes, and motioned for me to turn. She zipped the dress up the rest of that way, and I thanked her. "You're early," she said, looking at the clock. "It's not even six fifteen." "What time are you supposed to be at the office?" I asked her.

"Today, seven. But the rest of the time, I don't have to be in until eight," she told me. "You need to hurry up, because I want to meet your principal."

I nodded, rushing into my room to grab my beige purse that landed on my hip. I filled it with pencils, high lighters, and red pens, then grabbed a folder and notebook. I crammed my flats into my purse, and pulled my heels on.

"Ready!" I called, walking into the main room to see Mom standing by the door.

"Did you eat?" She asked.

"Crap! No," I said, and she nodded.

"We can stop by Starbucks," she said. "I didn't eat either."

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

When we got to the school, it was six thirty five.

Apparently, the school wasn't even a block away, and Starbucks was right in between the apartment and school. We met the principal, Mr. Black, who was a big, burly man, with a mean look in his eye. He gave me my locker information, and schedule. All honors classes.

Whoopee.

Mom had to leave shortly after getting there, rushing to get a taxi. Mr. Black wanted to tell me about the rules of the school, so when the first bell rang, I was relieved to be saved.

"Come, I'll walk you to your first class." He said in his booming voice.

I nodded, and picked up my purse, folder, and notebook.

"What's your first period class?" He asked.

"Um... Honors Government, with Ms. Greene," I told him. He nodded, and began walking down the hall, not even bothering to see if I was following. He led me to room 24, and knocked, not waiting for a reply, before barging in.

I followed hesitantly, looking around the classroom. I felt a familiar warm chill run down my neck to the bottom of my spine, and looked around. Everyone was staring at me, interested in the new girl.