Chapter 10:

Chapter 10:

-Shhh! -Shut up! Or at least lower your voice.

-How do you know her? Explain yourself!

-I work as a royal guard in the castle, and I'm in charge of the princess' protection, and it's not like I owe you explanations, you decided to follow me!

Perfect, the first friend he was able to make was a freaking royal guard, only he could manage to do something like that. Was he ever going to stop getting into trouble?

-And no one should see her because...?

-It's tradition, the people shouldn't know what she looks like until the day of her coronation

-That 's bullshit...

Milo ran a tired hand through his silky hair and sighed.

-I know.

-That means that she doesn't know anything other than the castle, she doesn't know how the people really live, she has no idea what's going on in the streets. How do they plan for her to reign?

No wonder the leaders of the kingdom were nothing more than a bunch of useless people living at the expense of others, accustomed to hide among their opulence while outside the people were starving so they could be more and more wealthy.

-Because they don't want her to do it, look, this is more complicated than you think.

-Why are you ignoring me? Do you really care so little about what I feel? Look at me! At least have the decency to say it to my face! Look me in the eye and show me how little you care about destroying what I value!

His heart shrank at that desperate tone, he could not give an opinion about family relationships, because he never knew any father, but even he could tell that those two did not have a good communication. And everything got worse when the queen, in a monotonous tone, revealed to her daughter that she had kept her away from a certain Darius?

-Darius is the king.

-Are you telling me that her own mother kept her away from her father because he made her "weak"? Even I, who never knew my parents, know that doesn't make any sense at all...

-You were calling me?

That voice must have belonged to the ashen-haired young man he had seen at the queen's side.

-Ah, yes, show the princess your trophy, maybe she will understand once and for all that sentimentality does not belong to the noble.

They heard footsteps on the sand and then the sound of something hitting the ground, Milo pushed him slightly so they could check what was happening while they remained covered behind the rock. Drach didn't quite knew who had to restrain who, maybe it was both, Milo grabbed him and held him in a sitting position while Drach kept a hand on Milo's chest keeping him from moving.

Kneeling and with her forehead glued to the sand the princess let out one of the most painful cries Drach had ever heard, her suffering seemed to come from deep within her soul.

-They are nothing but stinking things

The blond threw something, and only when the swollen eyes of the princess opened almost twice their size did Drach understand what it was: a corpse of a baby seal, white fur was stained with blood and its little eyes were staring at nothing.

-No...

The sound the girl made as she emptied her stomach was the only thing that prevented Milo's scream from reaching the queen's ears, Drach had to hug him to stop him from coming out of his hideout.