Chapter 17:

Chapter 17:

-Put me down!

The princess whispered angrily, hitting Milo's giant back as silently as possible, her feet tapping the skin of his chest.

-I can walk just fine, you don't have to act like a brute.

Milo simply settled the princess over his shoulder, Lorelai and Octavia watched the door constantly, when they had the go ahead from both Milo advanced stealthily, avoiding making any noise that could alert the guards, the princess seemed to hold her breath, abandoning her battle with the guard as she found herself outside the medical wing. Lorelai gave Milo one last glance before leaving the group.

Avoiding obstacles and sleeping guards Octavia and Milo continued on their way. They made their way through dark corridors and secret passages. Every whisper and every movement was guided by Milo with millimeter pressure as he knew all the secrets of the castle like the back of his hand. Several times they encountered guards patrolling the corridors with their sharp gazes, but Milo looks for the right moments to advance, knowing when to move and when to stay hidden in the shadows.

The roar of the storm seemed to help them as well, masking their movements with the sound of water hitting the rooftops, the thunder rumbling on the horizon camouflaging the group's advance by shielding them from the keen hearing of the guards.

Raindrops slid down the windows and seeped through the cracks, making the atmosphere inside the castle humid and rarefied, the light of lightning fleetingly illuminated the tense faces of the trio and although the cold and dampness crept through the bones Milo's determination did not waver.

When they reached the workers' exit to the south of the castle the rain was still falling heavily, they looked at each other, faces drenched and dripping with water, but those eyes were shining with satisfaction. Before they could enter the darkness of the night and leave the castle behind, the princess freed herself from Milo's arms, landing with a thud on her own two feet.

-The princess thanks them with the softness in her tone of voice but speaks with the necessary seriousness to imply that it is an order. Milo and Octavia look at each other, dismayed at the princess's change.

-Princess, our loyalty is above all, if you are in danger we are willing to face the consequences - Octavia's seriousness makes Milo understand that for the girl to help the princess is equally important for both of them.

The princess looked at them with crystalline eyes, she stirred uncomfortably not knowing how to process the amount of love and concern that came out of every word.

-And I appreciate that, more than you can imagine. But if you don't stay here you will be in immediate danger and I don't plan to leave here with the burden that you will suffer for me. It is necessary for me to remain alone.

Ocavia's eyebrows arched - Do you have any idea what you are asking?

-You have never set foot outside the castle and now you expect us to let you go alone and in the middle of a storm.

The princess sighs noisily after hearing Milo's words, as if she was about to do something she really didn't want to do. - Milo. You promised Lorelai that you would take care of yourself. You did what you had to do for me, now keep your word. Don't put yourselves in any more danger, I can never repay you for what you've done for me tonight, but at least give me the pleasure of living trying to do it.

They both looked at each other with concern, they knew that if they left the castle with the princess they would go from being suspects to being declared guilty immediately, strategically speaking they had less chance of being discovered by staying in the castle. Reluctantly and with their hearts in their throats they agree to her request.

The princess gives them one last hug and slowly walks away.