Life after the party

Keaton

After the fog lifted, Joshua dragged me from the party and forced me into a car. He pulled away and drove from the house.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

Joshua kept his eyes on the road. "I'm taking you to meet my boss."

"I promise I won't say anything. You could drop me off a few blocks from my house. We'll pretend we never met."

Joshua didn't respond to me but kept driving.

"I won't tell anyone about what I saw."

"It's better if you quit talking now."

I glanced at Joshua and noticed his knuckles turning white. He pulled into a driveway and pulled around the back. We got out of the car and headed inside the building.

I followed Joshua down a dimly lit hallway until we reached an office. A guy dressed in dress slacks and a button-down shirt sat behind a desk and watched us. We walked inside and stood across from the guy.

"Who is this?" The guy asked Joshua.

"Keaton." Joshua glanced at me before looking at the guy. "He agreed to work for us."

"Is that so?"

Joshua nodded.

"Where is Chelsea?"

"Chelsea got pinched. Keaton offered to take her place."

The guy studied us. "You wouldn't lie to me, would you, Joshua?"

"No, Andre."

Andre leaned back in his chair and rubbed his chin. The guy sent a chill down my spine. "We'll let Chelsea stay in police custody for a while. She'll learn not to defy me. Show Keaton what he will do."

Joshua nodded and gestured to me to follow him. I stuck close to him so I didn't catch hell. I'm not sure if this was an intelligent decision on my part.

We left the building, climbed into the car, and drove away.

"Where are you taking me?" I asked.

"I'm showing you the ropes before dropping you at home. Text your parents and tell them you're staying with a family member."

"My parents would never believe it since I should be home."

"Fine. But tomorrow, you tell your parents you're sleeping at a friend's house."

I nodded in agreement. Why? Beats the hell out of me.

Joshua pulled into a driveway of a house. I exited the car and looked at it. It seemed like your typical suburban home with two levels.

"Follow me, and don't say anything."

I followed Joshua inside the house and noticed people hanging out. What the hell?

Joshua led me to a room and stopped. A girl was kneeling with her head in a guy's lap. The guy moaned while the girl bobbed her head up and down. We stayed for a few minutes before heading to the next room. Two people sat on a bed and had needles in their arms. I didn't need to guess what they were doing.

I noticed other people dressed in skimpy clothes walking past us. Where the hell was I?

Joshua led me to a room as a guy counted the money. "Clyde, this is Keaton."

Clyde glanced at us while a lit cigarette hung from his lips. "Did Andre send him?"

"Nah, Keaton is taking Chelsea's place since she got pinched."

"Chelsea getting pinched will piss off Andre."

"Keaton will take her place until she gets sprung."

"How old are you, kid?" Clyde glanced at me.

"I'm almost sixteen," I said.

"I'll pair you with Daría. She's been here for a few months and knows her way around."

I knitted my brows.

"We got rules. You break them. You get punished. Got it?"

"Yeah."

"Joshua will explain the rules and give you something to relax."

"What about my family?"

Clyde flicked ash and glanced at me. "I wouldn't worry about your family. Not if you don't want any trouble. Do as your told."

I didn't argue with Clyde. He didn't seem like the type to argue.

Joshua led me from the room and explained the rules to me. My job was to hustle and bring in money. Whatever I needed to do, I did it. I was never allowed to speak to anyone about what I was doing. Lying would become a new norm for me.

Why didn't I like this situation?

******
After Joshua dropped me off close to my house, he told me to meet him at the exact location the next night. He left no room for argument.

The following night, I met Joshua. He picked me up and drove me to a location where a petite girl with a dark bob waited for us. Joshua instructed me on what to do.

I approached the girl. "Are you Daría?"

"Yeah. Who are you?"

"Keaton."

"Keep your mouth shut."

"Um, okay."

Daría turned on her heels and walked.

I followed her until we reached a corner and stopped. "What are we doing?"

"Don't ask questions."

"But how do I find out anything if I don't ask."

"You don't need to ask questions. Do as your told."

I glanced at Daría before a car pulled over. Daría leaned into the opened window and spoke to the person. Then she nodded to me to get into the car.

After climbing into the backseat, the guy drove to a secluded area. He parked and got out, then switched places with Daría. Daría stood outside while the guy rubbed his hands over my body and pressed his lips to mine.

"Relax, or it won't feel good," the guy said.

How can I relax since I've never done this? It's like asking a cat to stay calm when you bathe them.

The guy became frustrated at my tense state until I remembered what Joshua had given me. I dug the pill from my pocket, popped it into my mouth, and swallowed. Within a few minutes, I relaxed and lost my inhibitions.

The guy held my legs up as he pushed inside me. Moans escaped my lips as he pumped into me.

"Shit, you're so tight."

I didn't care what the guy said. I was flying higher than a kite as pleasure ripped through me. Whatever Joshua gave me heightened this euphoric feeling.

Eventually, the feeling faded as we got dressed. I sat in the backseat as numbness filled me. I lost my virginity to a random stranger.

Daría climbed beside me. The guy drove us back and dropped us at the corner. I didn't say a word as we returned to Joshua's car. Daría pulled out a wad of cash and handed it to Joshua.

Joshua counted it. "Damn, you hit the jackpot tonight."

"The suit was too busy to notice me snaking his wallet."

"They usually are."

I sat in the backseat but didn't utter a single word.

"You okay back there?"

"I'm fine."

"Good. Once you get used to things, I'll let you work independently."

"Fantastic."

Joshua glanced at me as I stayed quiet. I had no words for what happened. I doubt I ever would.