Confrontation

Matt

My fist slammed into Andre's face, making his head snap back. Before he could recover, I hit him again. He swiped at me, but I grabbed his hand and twisted his wrist. I could hear bones snapping. Andre released a guttural scream.

I leaned into him while holding his wrist. "I thought you wanted to play. Or is it because I'm a full-grown man? Oh, that's right. I'm not someone you can intimidate."

Andre swiped at me. I caught his hand and twisted before head-butting him. Street fighting differs from boxing or mixed martial arts. You learn all your moves on the street. It helps when you face off with Payton.

I twisted behind Andre and slammed my boot behind his knee, dropping him. He fell to his knees. I didn't waste time and jumped on him. I held his head and slammed my fist into his face over and over until blood covered it and my fist.

I wanted to inflict damage on this asshole for what he did to my grandson, cousins, and Daria. My family suffered at the hands of a monster. Now that monster would face a deadlier one.

Eventually, Payton pulled me from Andre when Andre stopped moving. I shrugged Payton off and cracked my neck. My cousins didn't say a word.

Markus pulled out his phone and called Morgan Gray. Parker checked out my hand. I hissed when he touched an area.

"You broke your hand," Parker said.

"It was worth it."

Parker shook his head.

Then we heard laughing and stopped to see Andre moving. I started walking toward him when he pulled something out of his pocket. I halted in my steps.

"You thought you would beat me. You will never beat me." A sinister glint flashed in Andre's eyes.

Markus lowered his phone when he noticed Andre holding something. "Move!"

"What?" Patton asked.

"Move! He has the remote to the bombs!" Markus ran toward us and waved his arms.

I turned my head slowly as Andre pushed a button. Before anyone reacted, the auto shop exploded, sending us flying and landing on the ground with a thud.

I lifted my head with noises muffled, got to my feet, and staggered toward Andre. I dropped, grabbed him, and twisted his head until his neck snapped. Then I dropped to the ground as car alarms went off.

*******
Valentine

Decker finished shutting everything down. We headed to the door when our phones blared with a message.

"The Dylan alert has been activated."

We glanced at each other before rushing outside. It didn't matter. The bakery exploded, sending us flying. I landed on the ground with a thud as darkness engulfed me.

******
Romeo

Ryden finally finished when he and the others left the kitchen. We headed to the door with our phones blaring with an alert. Then we rushed from the restaurant. We got five feet as it exploded, sending us flying ten feet.

I landed on the ground with a snap. Pain shot through me as I screamed before passing out from shock.

******
Rafe

I finally got the battle ax to leave. We were almost in the car before our phone blared with the shed exploding. We flew backward and hit the ground on impact.

I lifted my head and blinked before dropping it and passing out.

*******
Oliver

After speaking to Owen, our phones blared with the Dylan alert. "Run!" I yelled at the others.