𝔠𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔬𝔫𝔢

Important Information: I'm adding another OC, Astraea, into this story. Her whole story is called Dark Paradise, also on my account. If you don't want to read it, it's not a big deal. It takes place after this, and Evelina is in it, as well. 

‧‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

age: 7

"You're so lucky to have wings," Mor pouted as we stepped along in the library, a fake tiara on her head to match mine. "I wish I did."

"No, you don't," I denied, rolling my violet eyes as I tucked my little wings in. "You're a female. They'd just get clipped." 

"Will yours be clipped?" my cousin wondered, tossing a book on the floor when she was done leafing through it.

"Daddy says he won't let them clip my wings," I boasted, holding my head high. "He'll save my wings just like he saved Mother's."

     The disappointed pout on her lips made me feel bad for discouraging her. We were both adorning large, fancy dresses that were supposed to only be for special occasions, such as balls. 

     Her golden hair had been curled by my mother this morning, and my dark locks had been braided. 

     We had gotten into my mother's makeup, and now our eyelids were covered in sparkles, our lips smeared with messy, red lipstick. The mascara on our lashes had been smeared, but neither of us cared. 

     I felt a talon at the edge of my mind, and I rolled my eyes before letting it in. My brother and I shared the skills of the Daemeti, which only got us into trouble. 

     Meet me at the top of the stairs. 

     The sound of my brother's voice echoed in my mind, sparking a surge of excitement. With a radiant smile, I seized Mor's hand and joyfully dragged her up the stairs.

      I reveled in the thrill of disrupting the stillness that wrapped around quiet spaces. The library's hush was an irresistible challenge; the only whispers came from the flutter of turning pages.

      As we ascended to the top floor, my brother's violet gaze caught mine from across the the library. A playful grin spread across my face, and I dashed toward him.

      However, in my haste, I slipped on a spill of oil on the shiny floors, and both Mor and I tumbled to the ground. Rhys' laughter swelled in the air as he approached us.

     Struggling to regain our composure, my cousin and I clung to the railing for balance. A quick glance revealed a scholar who had also fallen victim to the slippery floor, landing with a thud.

      I pressed my lips together, fighting back a burst of laughter at the unexpected commotion we had caused.

"What did you do?" Mor giggled.

     With a mere flick of his fingers, the spiral path before us shimmered to life, bathed in a sheen of glowing oil. It seemed that a shared strategy had formed simultaneously in our minds.

     Linking hands, Mor, Rhys, and I approached the brink of the glistening path. Rhys gently seated Mor and me before propelling us forward, leaping in right behind. Our shrieks and laughter echoed as we glided effortlessly down the spital path, Rhys's grip firm on our arms.

     My dark hair danced in the breeze, and my smile stretched. As we whizzed past the second floor, the sight of scholars slipping on the slick trail sent me into fits of laughter.

     Unexpectedly, a firm grasp on the collar of my dress halted my descent. I let out a grunt, looking up to find my mother, who also firmly held Rhys, halting his slide. My halted momentum prevented Mor from slipping any further.