𝔠𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔱𝔴𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔶-𝔰𝔦𝔵(*) (***)

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾  ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾  ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

age: 31

   Having twins was exhausting. Truly exhausting. I hadn't slept in two days straight. Now, I had finally gotten almost four hours of sleep.

   Until I was abruptly woken.

   I grumbled, my eyes fluttering open to someone shoving my shoulder to wake me. I turned my head to meet the eyes of my still half asleep husband.

"The babies are crying," he mumbled.

"If they woke you first, why didn't you take care of it?" I grumbled, trying to get comfortable again.

"I have training early tomorrow," he snapped at me. "Then, I'm gone for two weeks. There's a war going on, if you forgot."

"I didn't forget," I insisted. "But I haven't slept in two days."

"You just slept for four hours," he pointed out.

     I realized that while we argued, our children's cries had grown louder. There was no use arguing with him, so I got out of bed and went to the nursery.

     I hated when both of them cried. It was nearly impossible to calm them. I sighed, picking Diana up with one arm, then Gideon in the other.

"Good morning, loves," I muttered, not feeling particularly affectionate.

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾  ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

I'd had less time to meet with Eden lately, our rendezvous becoming brief and rare since I'd had kids.

But I appreciated every single one of them. It was nice to feel loved and to be with someone who cared about your pleasure.

    I put my hand over my mouth to not make too much noise as Eden ate me out from under my covers.

"Eden," I whispered, my eyes closing as I climaxed.

    I gasped, my hips bucking as she sucked the bundle of nerves. I came down with a sigh. She glanced up at me, grinning.

"Good?" she questioned.

"Very good," I mumbled, sitting up. She crawled up to the top of the bed and rested her head on my shoulder.

"Elio doesn't make you happy," she observed. I scoffed, the words being more than true. "You should leave him. Be with me, instead."

"You know I would love to," I sighed, shaking my head. "But you also know we cant do that."

"I hate being a secret," she grumbled.

"You're not just a secret," I said. "You're my secret."

"I don't want to be your secret," she admitted. "I just want to be yours." Mine. I liked how that sounded. "What I truly want is to leave here forever."

"Why don't you?" I wondered.

"My father wouldn't allow it," she explained, shrugging. "And I could never leave my mother behind."

I understood that. Marzia was too good for this court. Despite how horrible the war was, I was grateful that it gave her time away from this house that had become more of a prison for her. A prison for us both. Possibly a prison for my children one day, as well.

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾  ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

My fingers had been rubbed raw from the washboard I was using to do the laundry. I was knelt over it in the backyard, washing the clothes that belonged to me, my husband, and my children.