𝔠𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔱𝔥𝔦𝔯𝔱𝔶-𝔫𝔦𝔫𝔢

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾  ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾  ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

     In just a few days, I had access to my full power again. It was exhilarating, and I'd been using it for every little thing, even if I didn't need magic to do it. I felt like a child again, just learning to use it for the first time.

     I had even been able to summon my wings, and I hadn't put them back since. I'd gone flying with Rhys, Astraea, and Cassian the night before. But not Azriel, as he was still avoiding me.

     He'd gotten back from his mission, but he wouldn't be alone with me. And he only spoke to me when he needed to. I was confused, hurt, and angry at him.

     I was tempted to go into his mind and discover what I had done wrong, but I would never violate him like that.

     That morning, I was in my room, thinking of what to wear tonight. Rhys was throwing me a party in the Court of Nightmares to formally welcome me home. I wasn't sure I could face Keir without killing him for what he did to my cousin, but I would have to try. That kill was reserved for Mor, I knew that.

     My anger towards him bubbled up in me, and before I realized what I was doing, I had misted the small pillow that I had been floating above my head. I groaned as I was showered in feathers.

     A knock on the door pulled me from my irritation. I called for them to come in, and I was greeted with Azriel.

     He raised a brow at the feathers I was covered in, but didn't ask any questions as he stepped into the room. His shadows rushed to greet me, and I grinned at them, cooing hellos.

"Would you still like to speak to Elio?" he asked me.

"Yes," I said, sitting up. "And I'd like to go to Town House to see the twins after."

"That's fine," he said with a simple shrug. "I'll bring you to both."

"Really?" I scoffed, glancing up at him. "That won't be too much time alone with me?"

"What's that supposed to mean?" he demanded, brows furrowing.

"Why have you been avoiding me?" I demanded, crossing my arms even as Isra weaved around them.

"I haven't," he claimed.

"You went on a mission the day I got off bedrest, and in the days you have been home, you've barely spoken to me."

"I'm speaking to you, now."

     I gave him an unamused look and he sighed.

"It doesn't matter," he said. I went to argue, but he shook his head at me. "We'll discuss it later. For now, I'll take you to see your husband."

"Please don't call him that," I mumbled.

     He was not my husband anymore--hadn't been for a long time. Not in the ways that mattered, anyway.

"Very well," he agreed. "Are you ready, now?"

"I suppose," I sighed, getting to my feet.

     I went to my closet to get a pair of shoes on. A pair I could run in--fight in if necessary. I ignored that feeling in my chest that told me not to go near Elio. I wanted so badly to listen to it, but I knew I had to face him. At least one more time.   

     I took a deep breath before emerging from my closet. I held out a hand to Azriel without saying a word. I had to prepare myself to see Elio. I had to block out my emotions and go somewhere far, far away. Azriel took my hand, and his shadows winnowed us away.