𝔠𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔱𝔥𝔦𝔯𝔱𝔶-𝔰𝔢𝔳𝔢𝔫

my writers block is killlllling me today so sorry if this is short and suckssss

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾  ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾  ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

I awoke feeling safe and secure in his arms. When my eyes opened, Wynn was swirling around me. I giggled as she tickled my nose.

"Morning," I heard.

I glanced up to see Azriel wide away as he held me.

"Oh, Azzy, you should've woken me," I fussed, trying to sit up.

He pushed me back down, his arms tightening around me. I cuddled up closer to him, breathing in his scent.

"You're a cute sleeper," he teased me. "And you still snore. It's adorable."

"Shut up," I groaned, hitting his arm lightly. He just chuckled.

I felt a shadow brushing my hair behind my ear. I crinkled my nose, smiling at the sensation. I had missed this so much.

"I'd like to speak with Elio today," I mumbled into his chest.

"You can't get out of bed for another few days," he reminded me. I groaned again.

"Well, then I'd like to speak with him after I'm off of bedrest," I decided.

Before he could reply, the door opened and Madja came in, along with a glass bottle of blue liquid. Her brow raised when she saw us.

"If you could give us some privacy while I check her vitals," Madja said.

"No, let him stay," I pleaded, my grip on him tightening.

"Evelina," Madja warned.

"Fine," I grumbled, sitting up.

Azriel kissed my cheek before slipping out of the bed. I watched him leave with a frown, then turned back to Madja as she poured the liquid into a small cup for me.

"This is for the pain," she said, handing it to me.

I gulped it down, willing to do anything to get rid of the dull aching in my head. She took the glass from me and pressed the back of her hand to my forehead.

"Bedrest means refraining from all physical activity," Madja reminded me. "Even if those activities occur in the bed."

"It wasn't like that," I insisted, rolling my eyes at her.

"He truly cares for you," she observed.

"Yeah," I said softly, smiling a bit at the thought.

When the door opened again, Cassian came in with a plate of pancakes. I perked up, even as Madja groaned.

"At least give her something nutritional," Madja scolded.

"There's no fun in that," Cassian grinned, handing the plate of pancakes to me. I nodded my agreement as I took the fork and dug in.

Just one bite was enough to transport me back to that little cabin in the mountains. My eyes welled with tears as I glanced up at him.

"They taste just like Mom's," I said quietly.

"I found her recipe," he said, ruffling my hair.

It felt so wrong to be back here without her. Part of me kept expecting her to come through the doors and greet me with tears in her eyes.

"I need to go," he said. "But enjoy the pancakes. Love you, kid."

"Wait," I said as he turned to leave. I glanced at the leathers he was in. "Are you training this morning?"

"I train every morning," he said.

"Would you train me?" I asked. "And the kids?"

"Of course," he agreed with a smile.

"I really wish I had training as a kid," I explained. "Without my powers, I was completely defenseless. If I had training, I could've fought back against him. So I want training and I want my kids to train, too."

"As soon as Madja clears you, I'll train all three of you," he promised.

"Fine, just take it easy on her for the first few weeks," Madja decided. I rolled my eyes, but Cassian nodded.

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾  ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

Gideon and Diana came to see me later that morning, sitting by my bedside. I realized that it was time to talk to them about their father.

"I know it's hard for you two," I acknowledged. "He's your father, and you love him."

"I want him dead," Gideon spoke up.

"Gideon!" I scolded.

"Really, Mom," he went on. "After everything he did to you, I want him dead."

"Diana, what do you think?" I asked my daughter.

She glanced down at me, eyes wide and filled with guilt. She shifted her gaze to Gideon, to the anger in his eyes.

"I hate him for what he did to you," she said. "Really, Mama, I do. It's just . . . it's not that easy for me."

"I know, baby," I assured her. "And I would never blame you if you wanted him to live."

"I . . ." she trailed off, tears in her violet eyes. "Could I have time to think it over?"

"Of course," I nodded.

"Take all the time you need, he isn't going anywhere," Rhys said from the doorway. We all turned to face him as he entered the room. "I spoke to Helion. He's coming down here in a few days to get the wedding ring off."

"Really?" I asked, perking up in relief. "Thank you, Rhys. You don't know what that means to me."

"Of course, starling," he smiled. "And Astraea's going to bring you some lunch in an hour."

"I just had pancakes," I reminded him.

"Well, you need all the sustenance you can get while you're healing," he grinned. "And Astraea's insisting that you need to eat something healthy."

"Madja said the same thing," I scoffed.

"I brought you more water," he said, placing a glass on the bedside table.

"Thanks," I chirped, sitting up.