Chapter 10. Rumors

When I woke up this morning, I was disappointed to find another hangover forming in my head. Two days in a row. Can't a man get a break? Miraculously, I made it to my bedroom after last night's antics and looked down to see that I had a guest sleeping in my bed. Soarynn's always been attractive, but it's when she's sleeping and calm that you can truly appreciate her beauty. It's kind of cute the way she breathes, inhaling through her nose, and letting little puffs of air out through her mouth. She's perfect.

Not wanting to disturb her, I carefully lean over to look at the clock on my nightstand. 7:24. School starts at nine, and I highly doubt Eudora would let us skip a day this far into the semester. 'Uneducated people are the worst kind of people' she once said to me and Soarynn as she walked us to the Academy. Those were simpler times, back when we'd all play in the schoolyard and make arts and crafts. Now things are a bit more complicated. Take the situation I'm currently in, for example, a beautiful girl pressed against my bare chest, and my morning wood standing loud and proud in my boxers. It's not even that embarrassing really, just super awkward. Usually, I'm able to take care of that myself, but with Soarynn planted on top of me, my hands are tied.
After I gave her the best head of her life, she passed out. Which meant I had to carry her up two flights of stairs, into my bedroom, clean her up, and dress her in some of my own clothes. Call me what you want, but don't say I'm not considerate.

She's wearing one of my shirts and a pair of my boxers and she really does look adorable. It's when I shift to reach for a glass of water to get rid of my morning breath that she wakes up. Taking in the current situation she's in and realizing she's not in her room, her eyes widen. I watch as her eyes slowly take in her surroundings before landing on me. "Good morning," I say, brushing her hair out of her face. "You couldn't walk me to my own room Coryo?" She huffs. As if that was even an option right now, she still hasn't begun to unpack all those boxes from her apartment. "Are you saying that you'd prefer to wake up alone instead of with me?" I ask, smirking as she turns pink. "You mean you and your little friend?" She asks, batting her eyelashes. Now I'm turning pink.

At my lack of response, she seems pleased with herself and props herself up on my chest. "I'm just trying to take care of you," I say, holding her face in my hand, "I know you are," she says, grabbing my hand in hers and pressing a kiss to it. "But I should get ready," she says sitting up. "I don't even get a good morning kiss?" I ask pretending to be hurt. Laughing, she crawls up, planting her legs on either side of my chest, giving me a kiss that takes my breath away. I love this. It's moments like these that make me forget about the rest of my problems. As we re-familiarize ourselves with each other's lips, we're jolted back to reality as my alarm clock begins to ring. "That's my cue," she says sliding off of me and onto the floor, "oh and brush your teeth will you? Your breath stinks," she says, throwing a smirk at me from over her shoulder.

Within thirty minutes I had: taken a shower, brushed my teeth, and hair, and picked out an outfit for today. I also rubbed one out in the shower but who's to know? Pulling my shoes on, I glanced in the mirror that sat on top of my dresser before grabbing my bag and heading out the door. Soarynn's room is at the very end of the hall, and it's not unusual for me to visit her before school. I knock once before opening the door, half covering my eyes, "You decent?" I asked, walking into her room.

"You could at least act like you're covering your eyes," she says, looking at me through her vanity mirror. Her bedroom is very girly, Mother truly went overboard when it came to decorating this room. The wallpaper is a dusty pink with little roses on it. Her canopy bed is pressed into the corner, surrounded by windows. To the right of her door, her vanity, to the left, her school desk and the door to her bathroom and closet. Oh yeah, and all over the room were the millions of boxes she had yet to unpack. "Do you think you could qualify as a hoarder?" I asked, sitting down on a moving box. "Oh please, it's not even that bad," she says as she applies a coat of mascara to her eyes. I love seeing her like this. Rollers in her hair, in her pink robe, getting ready for the day. Truly in her element.