Chapter 59. Paper Rings

I get married in one day.

One day.

I don't think it's fully hit me yet, I know for a fact that it's hit Soarynn because I've barely seen the girl these past few weeks. And what have these past few weeks been filled with?

Planning.

Planning, planning, planning. I hate the word.

I know Soarynn has the worst of it, I've gotten off quite easily if I'm being honest. So much has been happening that it's hard to remember what day it is. Christmas came and went, Mother threw up the tree the day before, and while we appreciated the effort, it was clear that the wedding was more important.

I got my wedding band. A solid gold band, nothing fancy, as long as I got to marry my girl I'd be happy with paper rings.

I didn't have a bachelor party. I thought about it, but after the rain, and everything else that came with it, I didn't want to leave Soarynn's side for a second if I could help it.

The entire house was a chaotic mess, although the wedding ceremony itself would be held at the Avenue of Tributes, the reception dinner and after party would be held here.

Of course, it would.

Everything was in full swing right now, florists making sure every rose was perfect, photographers making sure the lighting was top tier, the bakers making sure the cake could fit through the doorway.

But we had much bigger things to worry about. Soarynn still didn't have a wedding dress.

I don't know how Eudora let it get this bad.

I mean, we pay the woman to keep us on track, so how Soarynn still hasn't managed to find her dress is beyond me. I have it easy compared to her when it comes to the clothing department, you can't go wrong with a black suit.

So while Soarynn was busy hunting for a dress, I took on the brunt of the interviews going solo. I'm a natural in front of the camera so it wasn't hard. And besides, we didn't want anyone to get suspicious when it came to Soarynn's pregnancy.

Mother and I figured it would be best to tell Eudora, so she could plan for that on top of the wedding.

But we still haven't told Father.

He won't even be alive to meet his first grandchild, so it doesn't really matter if you ask me.

I only had one interview today, thank goodness. Mother had assured me that once we were married, the interviews would slow down. Until I became President of course. And until we had our first child. I think we're just gonna be doing interviews until the day we die.

But it was all worth it as long as I was with her.

And I was on my way to pay her a visit right now, the ladies had procured a curtain to cover the entrance to the living room. Mother didn't want Soarynn's dress spoiled by anyone who might be in our house preparing for the wedding.

I tried not to roll my eyes when she told me that, I mean, it's a dress. Not the launch codes for our nuclear missiles.

I managed to get to the grand foyer without too many run-ins with random strangers. Everyone was very nice, congratulating me on the wedding, but I could tell they were busy and stressed. I would be too if Eudora was my boss.

I was surprised to find almost everyone huddled around the front door. Has something happened?

I quickly made my way over, pushing through the Preps to find Mother, Soarynn, and Eudora all staring at a huge wooden box. Another wedding gift.