Chapter 55. Champagne Problems

"And what would you say was the hardest thing you two experienced on this Tour?"

My mind went blank, the entire Tour had been difficult if you asked me, but I knew that's not what the interviewer wanted to hear. They wanted gossip.

But we couldn't give them that, not truthfully at least.

"Being away from home was definitely the hardest," I replied, throwing my arm around Soarynn's shoulders, "We had gotten so used to our routine after the Games, so changing everything up for twelve days was a lot."

Soarynn gave me a warm smile, "Technically thirteen days," she said softly.

The interviewer grinned, "Well aren't you two quite the pair?"

I smiled, "We're a match made in heaven for sure," I agreed. Mother's heaven, but who's counting?

The interviewer flipped through their notepad, "Speaking of routines, you two are about to undergo a massive change in your daily lives once you become President Coriolanus. Are you two prepared to become the President and First Lady of Panem?"

Soarynn shifted on the sofa, "We've been preparing for years now, it's hard to imagine that there's something we aren't prepared for considering how much mentoring we've been given," she said.

I nodded, Eudora would rather walk the streets bald before under preparing us.

The interviewer nodded jotting down some more notes, "I think that's all for today, thank you so much for your time, and congratulations on your engagement. Oh, and happy birthday sir." I smiled, "Thank you."

Today was my birthday.

And how was I spending my morning and afternoon? Interviews. Interviews, interviews, interviews, all we've done since Lucky's show has been interviews.

I hate the word, despise it.

Thank goodness the ones we've had today have been in the comfort of our own home. Previous ones took place in museums, on other morning talk shows, on the news, offices. All asking us the same boring questions about Tour and the wedding.

I wish I could tell them about the wedding and when it would take place, but we still hadn't decided on a date.

More like Eudora hadn't decided on a date.

And this was the last thing I wanted to plan without her. Soarynn let out a sigh once the interviewer walked out of the library, all our interviews have taken place here today.

The ballroom and basically every other room were off-limits in preparation for my nineteenth birthday. "That wasn't so bad," I said as I stood up, stretching out my legs.

Soarynn hummed, "Is it just me, or are all these interviews starting to blur together?"

I looked down at her, she was wearing a cute little pink dress today, her hair done in waves and her makeup light and glowy.

"No, they're definitely blurring together, even the interviewers are starting to look the same." Soarynn smiled as she dusted off her dress, "At least there's no more interviews today, since it's someone's birthday," she said, with a twinkle in her eye.

This morning had been great, I had woken up to quite possibly the best blow job of my life.

Ever since we had sex Soarynn had been more and more adventurous, always teasing me. She was getting fucked tonight, hard , but she didn't know that yet.

Then we had a wonderful breakfast with Mother and Eudora. Father had been too busy with work, so that was a birthday gift within itself.

Then I opened all my gifts from them, Eudora got me a twenty-four-month calendar, claiming that it was never too soon to plan ahead. Mother got me lots of clothes since I was obviously still a growing boy. Soarynn's gift really made me tear up though, it was a drawing of the two of us in the meadow from when we were in Twelve under the large oak tree.