Steal the Show

Hi everyone! Welcome to my seventh story: Amy and Sonic! This is different from the rest of my stories because this is just a collection of around thirty one-shots between Sonic and Amy. There also might be a few of my own characters from my previous story 'Light, Cameras, Action!' if you want to read that first but you don't have to. Therfore, there will not be a plot and only a few will be connected to others. I hope you will all enjoy these little adventures. Now, on with the story!

Sonic, Amy, Tails, Knuckles and Sticks stood in front of Meh Burger as they prepared to go in. In celebration of their recent accolades for defeating Eggman one million times, the entire island was hosting a huge party. Granted, it was at Meh Burger so it wouldn't be too fancy. Sonic preferred any sort of event this way and most of the team agreed with him but he could tell from the look of ever so slight disdain on Amy's face that she had some thoughts on the venue. Also, she was voicing some of those thoughts aloud. "I wonder why they chose to hold the ceremony here. Meh Burger is hardly the place for us to be celebrated for setting a good example. Why didn't they choose the town hall? That's much more respectable." While none of them had dressed up, Amy included, Sonic did note that her dress had less crinkles and her gloves shone much whiter than they had after today's battle with Eggman. She looked...nice.

Sticks nodded her head. "Perhaps the town hall has been overrun by aliens and the mayor is trying to pass it off as a cover-up! We need to be vigilant! Well, I'M NOT GOING TO LET THEM TAKE ME! RAUGH!" She sprinted into Meh Burger and dived into the crowd, startling and scattering everyone in the area.

The remaining four shared a glance and Sonic shook his head. "You had to go and get her started, didn't you Ames?" She winced and started to apologise but he just laughed and ushered them all inside.

Meh Burger looked no different than any other day except that it was filled to capacity with all the villagers which never happened. They all cheered when the whole heroic team arrived, raising their glasses in a toast and immersing them into the crowd. People appeared on all sides to congratulate them and try to get their hands on their new shiny trophies. Sticks grew increasingly feral as the night continued, choosing to cling to her trophy like her life depended on it. Which to her, it did.

Later on, the Mayor gave a slow, long and boring speech. It was interrupted by Eggman and his robots booing and chasing him off the stage. Then, the mustache genius stepped up onto the stage and cleared his throat. "Now, now, relax. I'm not here to destroy your little party. Instead, I'm here to offer my own congratulations to this ridiculously annoying group of rodents who SOMEHOW manage to keep beating me! Aha, ha, hmm. I digress, you all must've been very lucky in one of your past miserable lives to have such a lucky winning streak against me for so long. And for that, we'll done! I guess..." There was the smallest hint of an applause as he finished and a greater collective sigh from the rest of the party. With all the speeches complete, food and music began in earnest.

Hours passed and the sun truly set on this rather joyous day. As the day drew to a close, more and more people started to end the festivities. First it was families with infants and children, Mrs Walrus with her baby, the elderly, those who had work in the morning like the mayor and Dan the Intern. Eventually even Eggman said goodnight as Orbot and Cubot encouraged him go get some rest if he wants to fulfill his evil dreams. Soon, it was just the five heroes and the sleeping, drunken fools who hadn't made it home.

Knuckles and Sticks were over in the corner, trying to see who could balance the most cups of juice on their head without spilling them. Tails was staring at them in horror, trying to make them see reason before disaster struck and they all became soaked. Sonic laughed at them and went over to the food bar where Amy had retreated after a while. "Hey Ames, did you enjoy the party?" He personally had had a blast but Amy looked positively miserable. "You good? You don't look too great."