Beach Date

Amy smiled as she observed the sunset that was surrounded her home and the beach in an otherworldly orange glow. It looked so romantic and was the perfect place for an evening date. She commended Sonic on his creativity, courage and finesse in not only asking her out but also setting this date up. Admittedly, she'd come here with modest expectations but Sonic was always one to put on a show. The beach, which was normally clean but empty, looked like a set straight out of one of her high budget romantic comedies that she loved with all her being.

In the past Sonic had been... somewhat rather inconsistent whenever anything romantic happened. He became nervous if any displays were in public but Amy knew there was a side to him in private which was actually really sweet and cute. However if the beach was any indication, he'd clearly decided to be more open about his feelings. A small section of the beach between their homes had been closed off by vines and covered in flowers, made into a private and secluded area. Amy could take a guess at what was behind the beautiful flower curtain.

"Sonic?" Amy walked towards their date, surprised that he hadn't made some huge announcement of his presence yet. Pushing past the curtains, filled with roses, tulips, honeysuckles and poppies. In front of her lay a cute little checkered blanket with a basket full of food and a couple of candles. "Awww, Sonikku, this is really cute!" Sitting down, she looked around for her speedy blue hero. It was unlike him to be so stealthy, although saying that, there was one exception.

As Amy gave up looking for him and settled down to enjoy herself, the quickest of breezes kicked up around her and a pair of gloves hands closed over her eyes. "Well then, who are you? Clearly a beautiful, curious maiden from a far away land in need of guidance for a handsome, rogue, ridiculously fast stranger." She giggled as the disembodied voice came closer and she felt a pair of lips kiss her collarbone as gently as a leaf. With her eyes still covered, he moved her around so that the pair were facing each other and pulled her onto his lap. "It's a pity I can't see your eyes, I'm sure they're the prettiest eyes I've ever seen. Would you mind if I kissed you, O beautiful one?" Any laughed and shook her head, nuzzling their faces together as they melted into each other. Her fingers wrapped tightly into his quills and his hands wove around her back, holding her close.

After a few minutes, the kiss ended and the pair opened their eyes. "Hello Sonic, nice to see you. However I'm looking for a handsome, rogue, ridiculously fast stranger to give me some guidance in this foreign land. Have you seen him?" Sonic growled and shoved her off his lap, grinning as Amy was now pinned underneath him.

"Amy, Amy, Amy. Your words are killing me. How could you possibly think for a second that there is anyone other than me to be a handsome, rogue, ridiculously fast stranger? Maybe I've changed my mind, I don't think you'll get to enjoy this food anymore. This is only for people who greatly appreciate my time, company and affection. So far, Miss Rose, you have shown a complete disrespect and disregard for all three. I'm shocked!" He lent down and stole at least a dozen kisses from her, letting his hands wander to her sides. Amy's eyes widened as she realised what he was about to do and tried to free herself from his grasp. Sonic looked down on her with the biggest grin on his face. "You're not going anywhere Ames, so admit the truth about your feelings and the talents I possess or I'm afraid I'll have to resort to other methods." Despite the potential risk, Amy bravely held his gaze and pursed her lips shut. "Suit yourself." He whispered, mere inches above her lips before he struck. Using his lightning fast fingers to an advantage, he torturously tickled her ribs and she screamed and wriggled underneath him, trying to escape from her hero. Sonic has to admire Amy though, she was never one to forfeit. In fact, once she'd pushed past the initial shock, her own hands became cruel weapons as she attacked his ears. Sonic didn't know why his ears were so sensitive but the minute he felt her soft fingers teasing them his brain stuttered and he froze. The tickling stopped and Amy breathed a sigh of relief, grateful to catch her breath again.

She managed to push Sonic off of her and roll over so she was resting on his stomach. Keeping her fingers by his ears, she gently scratched them with one hand and traced his body with other. "I promise you're the only handsome, rogue, ridiculously fast stranger who I would want to be here with. Also the only one I know. Thank you for this Sonic." Amy lent down and pressed a soft kiss to his lips, smiling at her cunning in escaping his trap. "Now, should we have something to eat before all this delicious looking food gets cold?" The pair laughed and sat up as they divided the goods between them, a perfect blend of their most favourite meals.

"Hey Ames, can I ask you something?" Sonic has his face half buried in a chilidog but his words were still audible.

Amy nodded, wiping jam from her fingers. "Of course Sonikku, you can ask me anything." She reached for another scone and wiped some ketchup off his face.

Sonic grinned at the nickname and rested his head in her lap. "Do you love me?"

The question threw Amy and she became momentarily speechless. Sonic never enjoyed deep conversations about their feelings, that was normally her job. While she was happy he was feeling confident enough to ask, she did have to wonder as to what brought the question on. "Uhh, yeah, yeah I do. You know I do. Why?" Sonic could be random at times but never like this.

For all the thinking he'd caused her, he shrugged. "Well I was wondering if you'd had a change of heart. 'Cause if you did then I'd know to step up my game and change it back. But if we're all good I'll just keep doing what I'm doing." He finished his chilidog and started to search around for another. "I love you too." He added, as though remembering that was the presumed reply.

Amy blinked at him as her heart melted, turning her whole body into a gooey pink mess on the picnic blanket. Sonic loved her. She'd never thought she'd see the day. "Come here you handsome, rogue, ridiculously fast stranger." She leaped at him and tackled him to the sand, kissing him like her life depended on it. For she loved him and he loved her, and that was all that mattered.

I hope you enjoyed this one-shot, I thought it was quite cute although a little bit shorter. Sorry it's a day late, this week is going to be pretty hectic so I think I'll only update once this weekend. Until then, adiós!