FIFTEEN | Parked Conversations | KV

"Out in the streets, they callin' murder baby, have a drink with me, don't order a virgin. I'm not controlla in it, I'm tryna see you turn up I wanna see you I wanna see you turn up."

It was around nine-fifteen when the nostalgia sounds of PartyNextDoor's Turn Up blasted throughout the speakers of Khaza's vehicle. He had heard the song playing on somebody's Instagram story and every since then, he had been hooked on it.

Inside the vehicle were him and Aspen. After her breakdown and revelation regarding her family, Khaza felt like Aspen could use some fresh air so he decided getting the both of them some ice cream from the local Diary Queen would somewhat cheer her up.

She'd been cooped up in her room since then, doing nothing but homework and not really being herself.

It brought Khaza a great deal of sadness seeing Aspen down like that. Knowing there wasn't anything he could do to take the pain away or erase that horrific night from her thoughts.

Her screams of anger and hurt would still linger around Khaza's brain. There was so much fury and anguish that bellowed from her cries, it felt like they were on replay.

While waiting in line at the drive thru, Khaza paused the music playing from his phone. He then stuck his head out the window, counting the number of cars that were in front of him.

"Damn." Khaza groaned, sticking his head back in the car. "It's like five cars ahead of us, that bitch in the blue car must be ordering the whole menu or something." He blew out a breath, irritated.

One thing Khaza couldn't stand was having to wait in lines. Whether it was a fast food restaurant or a gas station, Khaza Whitfield did not like waiting, plus the man just didn't posses the patience like everybody else did.

Laughing to herself, Aspen gazed upon her XXL length acrylic nails. They were the classic French Tips with glitter added inside the powder to give it that shiny look whenever light would hit them.

Every since she was a freshmen in high school, Aspen has always worn her nails that length.

Of course she'd get asked the silly questions like: "How do wipe yourself? What job do you work? "How do you function with those things? They're pretty but I wouldn't be able to do anything with those?"

Backhanded compliments like that were unnecessary and disrespectful. What was the point in complimenting someone just to turn around and say something negative? She usually got those kind of remarks from older people or the Caucasian ethnicity.

Which didn't surprise her. Older people are already judgmental as it is. They try to act so holier than thou but probably were the main ones showing out at Freaknik. And as for the Caucasian ethnicity, everything a black person do is surprising to them so Aspen didn't really care for their opinion.

"Not you laughing." Khaza said, looking over the menu. All that grumbling and complaining he was doing and still couldn't figure out what he wanted.

"You don't even know what you want but yet up here mad about other cars in front of you." Aspen spoke, scrolling through her Instagram feed.

She wasn't a huge fan of the app. Aspen only kept it to get some nail inspiration for her sets. Every once in a while she'd post on there but not frequently.

"I do know what I want girl." Khaza replied still scanning over the menu. "I think I'll get that uhhh." He trailed off. Aspen looked up from her phone, seeing him struggle to read the black bold letters.

"You can't see?" She questioned curiously. Khaza was squinting for dear life trying to read all the different food options that were written just a few feet away from him.