Chapter 11: Trouble in Paradise

Violet walked out of her classroom to be met with Remus, who was standing against a pillar waiting for her.

"Remus!" She grinned and hugged him. "Why aren't you at your lesson?"

"Oh, I missed it because I've got my checkup in about ten minutes. I was wondering-"

"Hey Violet," A boy exited the potions classroom and grinned. "This lesson was great." He winked at her.  "I'll see you tomorrow. Alright, Lupin?"

Remus nodded and watched the boy leave before he continued talking. "I was wondering if you'd come with me to my checkup."

"Of course! Come on, let's go."

"That's great, Remus, thank you. I'll be back with you in a few minutes to give you your blood results." Pomfrey smiled and walked away with a nurse.

Remus looked at the bedsheets. "So who was that boy?"

"Hm? Who?"

"The boy. He said he'll see you tomorrow."

"Him? Oh, it's just Jayden. He's an old friend."

"I've known you your whole life, Vi, and I've never seen him. He's not an old friend, so who is he?"

"Well, not an old old friend, but we became friends right before I left for the exchange."

He looked her up and down.

"Remus, I'm not lying. You can give me that look all you want, but I'm telling the truth."

He laughed. "Oh, I bet you are."

She frowned. "I'm sorry? I didn't think I had to tell you about all of my male friends."

Remus shook his head. "... I'm sorry. It's a full moon tomorrow and I guess that combined with how shit my meds make me feel and the fear of how bad I'll get this time, I-"

"It's okay." Violet smiled warmly. "But if it's any consolation there is nothing weird about mine and Jayden's friendship. We don't even speak outside of lessons and I'm pretty sure he has a girlfriend. You have nothing to worry about."

He held her hand. "I don't mean to act like a dick."

"I get it. You can't control how you feel when you have all of these factors weighing against you." She looked at the bedsheets. "I just hope that us being together isn't making you feel worse."

Remus instantly hugged her. "Don't say that. If anything you're the only thing making me feel better."

"What about your friends?"

"I love them but right now they... they're just treating me as sick and not their friend right now."

Poppy came in. "Your bloods are fine again, as usual. But I think it's time we speak about the elephant in the room, which is the upcoming full moon."

Remus sighed. "Am I going to get sicker?"

"It's a possibility. So we need to be prepared."

"And how do we do that?"

"Well, there's going to be someone to wait right outside the Shack as soon as you detransform. They'll be there to take you to us as you will be extremely drowsy and you having someone you're familiar with will make you less prone to being violent."

"I'll do it," Violet spoke.

"Violet, no, it's too dangerous. I can ask one of my friends who are animagi, it will be safer for them."

"Remus, I don't care. I told you I'd be there for you no matter what and that's what I'm doing."

"Am I getting an answer then?" Poppy asked. "Remus, who are you choosing?"

"I'm not signing anyone up to get hurt." He shook his head. "I'd rather die."

"Me," Violet told her.

Hesitantly, Poppy wrote Violet's name down. "You'll be helping Remus get out of the shack and to us, where we'll be giving him extra medication. If James, Peter and Sirius volunteer to help us with the transportation. That way nothing can go wrong."