Chapter 25

Everly ran over to her father, his arms wide as he scooped his little girl up into a loving embrace. She giggled. My daughter's happiness was the only thing that mattered. And her father, he made her happy.

Sam set her down after a moment, whispering something in her hair before she took off into the house. His blue eyes are now on me. And when he starts making his way towards me, I glance at Rade, noticing how tight he's gripping the steering wheel.

Sam pauses, staring at me through the passenger's seat window. "I'm sorry, Celeste. I didn't mean to hurt you."

I almost laughed. Despite how genuinely sorry he appears, it's not going to change how much he fucked up. I gave him everything. I sacrificed everything. And this is what I get in return. An unfaithful husband.

"I want a divorce."

He doesn't seem shocked, having expected this is what would happen. He's fucking engaged to another woman. Even if I wanted to fix our marriage, which I no longer do, it's clear that he wanted a divorce long before the thought crossed my mind.

"I was an asshole, and you didn't deserve any of it."

"I really don't want to hear that bullshit. You're only apologizing because you got caught. So please, save your pitiful ass excuse of an apology and go spend time with your daughter."

His gaze shifted to Rade. "I fired you. What are you still doing driving her around?"

Rade said nothing, purely out of respect for me and Everly. And after seeing Rade in the gym with that punching bag, his hands definitely did all the talking for him.

Sam looked back at me. "Are you fucking him or something?"

Not yet.

I couldn't hold back my laugh this time. Sam stared at me dumbfounded, trying to figure out if Rade and I were sleeping together or not.

"You don't get to ask me about who I'm fucking," I retorted venomously. "Worry about that puta(bitch) you built a secret family with."

I didn't give Sam a chance to say another word as I rolled my window up. Rade took that as his cue to reverse out the driveway like a mad man and speed off. I think he almost ran over Sam in the process. I didn't want the man dead, but it definitely brought a smile to my face.

****

"So, is cooking like your thing?"

Rade watched me pop a forkful of homemade lasagna into my mouth. He'd made a traditional lasagna, and a Greek salad that he said I would love. Which he was right about. I can't stand tomatoes, but it actually tasted good in the salad.

"My thing?" He questioned with a thick dark brow.

"Your hobby," I clarified.

He shrugged. "Not really."

"You're so good at cooking. I thought maybe it was something you enjoyed doing." 

"My mother insisted I learn."

I took another bite of my lasagna, making sure to finish chewing and swallowing before asking my next question. "How old were you when you started cooking?"

"Three."

"Wow," was all I could say. This man manages to impress me more and more. I didn't start cooking until I was sixteen, and even then I had to google everything. I'm better now, but my skill level was nowhere near Rade's. "So, what is your thing- your hobby, then?"

He tilted his head, curiosity gleaming in his eyes. He had already finished his food while I was on my second plate of lasagna. I'm starting to think he likes staring at me while I eat. Or maybe I'm just delusional and hope that's the case.