Chapter 23

The sun bursting through the bedroom window had waken me from some of the best sleep I have had in a long while. I felt refreshed and happy.

Stretching, I sat up and rubbed at the sleep from my eyes. I turned my phone back on and checked the time. 8:16 AM.

My phone started to ping, all kinds of notifications spamming my phone. Calls, texts, emails, social media notifications. And I ignored every single one. I wasn't ready to return to the world. I've been enjoying the peace and quiet too much.

I was about to get out of bed when I noticed a little plate of lemon bars on the nightstand. And beside it, a fresh cup of coffee.

A smile immediately formed on my face, reaching my eyes as I picked up a single lemon bar. These were the exact same kind from the bakery I like so much.

I took a small bite out of the bar, lemony sweetness bursting into my mouth. This was a great way to start my day. I'll always love a good dessert or pastry and coffee. Sam always criticized me for my love of sweets. He even gave me a limit because he didn't want me to gain more weight.

Finishing the bar in my hand, I picked up the coffee and took a sip. It tasted even better than mine. Kind of made me jealous.

Setting the coffee cup back down, I got out of bed to find my bunny slippers lined up against the wall waiting for me. I paused.

Did Rade go to my house?

Confused, yet grateful for his kindness, I slipped my feet into the house shoe and went out into the hallway. When I passed by his room, I glanced at the closed door. I thought maybe he was still asleep until I remembered how early in the day he likes to show up at my house.

Stretching and yawning once more, I went into the bathroom so I could use the bathroom and shower.

When I got out of the shower about forty-five minutes later, I went back to the guest room to find my suitcase on the bed.

Wondering where he was, I unzipped the suitcase. There were all kinds of my clothes in the suitcase. Tops, pants, dresses. I gasped when I saw that even my underwear had been packed.

I called Andi. There's no way my Chauffeur went into my closet. Especially when all the underwear was lingerie. There wasn't a granny panty in sight.

My best friend answered on the second ring.

"Hey!"

"Did you pack a suitcase for me?"

"Yeah. Rade said you would need it, so I stopped by your house after Sam left for work and packed you a bag."

"But I'm going home today."

"Yeah, about that..."

"What?"

"Rade told me what happened. I'm so sorry, boo. You deserve so much more than that asshole. Anyway, I saw Camille leaving with Sam. I'm pretty sure she spent the night at your house."

I closed my eyes and took a breath. There was no sense in getting angry all over again. I don't want to give Sam a reason to use it against me in a custody battle. I want us to be able to co-parent without any issue.

"So she's living in my house now?"

"I don't know. But if you want me to clock her ass, just say the word."

I shook my head, trying not to cry. This was becoming all too real. I just couldn't believe we were actually over. I wiped at the tears trying to escape and regained composure. I've cried over that man one too many times. No more.