Chapter 2- The Afton Family

Y/N POV

Trying to sneak past my father and succeeding has a zero possibility so I decided to wait for a bit and hopefully the new family will just leave.

After about a 10 minute wait in the living room I decided I will try to leave again. Surely the family must have left by now.

I looked out the door window again and this time the man who I suspected was the father and the little boy with the golden bear plush were gone. They probably went home. My sister and the little girl were busy playing in the bushes by the side of the house meaning they wouldn't notice me leaving. The only ones left were my dad, the lady in a green dress, and the cute boy. Father and the lady seemed to be in deep conversation and they moved so they were standing farther away near the tree line to the left of the house so with luck I can quietly sneak past them.

But when I opened the door it squeaked causing my father to fully turn around to face me. Great just great.

Before I could run past them my father beckoned me forward to meet the new people. Just to get this over with I walked over to them.

"Y/N, this is Clara a friend of mine from college." Father said, introducing me to this Clara lady.

Clara smiled sweetly at me and held out her hand for a handshake. I shook it and mumbled a small hello really wanting to get away from Mother.

"And this" Clara said motioning to the tall boy beside her with a smile still on her face, "is Michael"

So that's what his name is, Michael.

It was then when I realized how tall and muscular he was. He looked like he could beat up a grown man in a fist fight if he wanted to. Back in Alaska, I always got in fistfights and since I always got in physical fights with my mother, it toughened me up. I could probably beat him if he ever did try anything.

Michael scoffed, clearly wanting to leave as much as I do but he kept blushing while looking me up and down with a very small smirk on his lips. I realized I was still wearing my tank top. It was tight fitted meaning it brought out my toned chest.

"Wait a minute young man where do you think you're going" Father said after noticing my skateboard tucked under my right arm.

"I was going to explore town for a bit"

"Already, but we just got here"

"I already unpacked everything and I memorized the way to this house" I said already turning to walk away.

But just seconds before I could walk out of the front gate Mother showed up. She looked like she was ready to yell, anger clearly written all over her face. I don't remember doing anything to upset her but she always gets mad at everything and blames anything that goes wrong on me, unfortunately. Flashbacks of memories of our arguments flashed through my head. Pure terror was clearly displayed in my eyes for a brief moment before I quickly controlled my emotions. I refused to show my parents any sort of emotion, even my dad. But unfortunately I'm pretty sure Michael noticed it, his smirk faded a bit and a look of slight concern flashed across his face but disappeared quickly, I wasn't even sure it was real. I already started leaving as fast as I could before anyone could stop me. Trying to remember the way to the diner and a possible new job, I sped quickly down the road.

I could have sworn I felt Michael's gaze on me as I left.

Michael's POV

Who was that boy, I think I remember his father saying his name was Y/N or something like that, he is kinda cute. I wonder if he's single. I felt a burning blush on my face as I thought of him. A soft chuckle brought me back to reality as I turned my head and saw my mother and Y/N's father grinning. I quickly changed my face to a look of boredom but they didn't buy it so I just turned my back to them and walk home before they thought i'm gay. As soon as that word came through my mind I stopped for a split second in the middle of the street before continuing again. I never really liked any of the girls at school before but I liked him. Does that mean I'm gay? I wonder if he is too? I really hope he is.

766 Words