Chapter 4- Dinner with the Afton's

⚠️abuse⚠️

Y/N POV

Once I reached the bottom of the stairs the first thing I saw was s/n in a sky blue dress with mother putting her hair up in french braids. Another pang of jealous stabbed me through the heart. Mother thought s/n was the most precious thing in the whole world. Always giving her love, care and attention. I wasn't angry at s/n or anything, I loved my lil sis and she deserves a way better childhood then what I got despite being a spoiled little gremlin.

The stairs annoying squeak got the attention of both my parents. Mother walked toward me and yanked harshly at my hair forcing me to look at her in the eyes

"You call this presentable?!" She yelled, her voice filled with disgust and disappointment. She let out a long sigh.

"There's no time to get changed. We're already late thanks to you, let's go" Grabbing my arm and slightly twisting it so I felt pain but not much to make a scene, she dragged me out the door, across the street and toward the front door of the neighbors, s/n and father following close behind.

My parents never really were ones, sure they gave birth to me and we share the same bloodline but other then that the only thing we share is a last name.

Mother always neglected me, I had to teach myself how to survive on my own. Home was more like survival of the fittest when she was around. The only thing she taught me was independence.

Father is probably one of the only few people who are genuinely nice to me. Almost everyone I know looks down at me and makes fun of me for being y/s (your sexuality). Even tho father is nice he still loves mother more then he can ever love me and s/n combined. He's blinded by her beauty and that's why he never sticks up for me.

S/n is nice to me. Offering her leftover cookies from her tea party and always giving me a hug before bed. She is to innocent and pure to understand what abuse and depression was. That's why I'm determined to give her the best life. Sure she is also a rug rat but that doesn't stop me from caring about her. I made a promise to my self to never turn out like my parents.

As my thoughts speedruned my family life, the door being opened brought me to reality.

The lady father introduced me to early that morning was standing at the door wearing a long oak leaf green dress with pink embroidered flowers. She smiled at the four of us and opened her arms in a 'please come in' motion.

Once inside, everyone was sitting on the navy blue couch. As the adults had their boring adult conversations, I saw the little girl come running downstairs, a even littler boy came rushing down the stairs close behind her. S/n's face lit up and she ran towards the kids. The girl grabbed her hand and the three ran back upstairs probably playing some game. They all looked so happy. Lucky.

While the adult talked I was just sitting there awkwardly not really knowing what to do.

The lady, Clara I think her name was, suddenly turned so she was facing me.

"Have I ever told you that you have such lovely hair Y/N!"

I was shocked. Minutes ago mother, my own mother, was acting like I was the most ugliest person she ever saw and now this stranger I just meet not even a day ago was complementing me. I was really happy that someone was being nice to me that a I gave a large smile.

She smiled again.

"That's the first time I saw you smile. It looks good on you. After all your never fully dressed without a smile."

"I apologize again for the wait" she quickly switched topics "Our oven broke down so Will had to go out to order food, he'll be back in around five minutes"