Chapter 12- Rainy Night

Y/N Pov

It has been a little over a month since I moved to Hurricane Utah. School starts next Monday which is unfortunately in five days. Me and Michael are both in grade 11 but sadly aren't in the same class. We do share some classes so we'll be able to see each other from time to time which we're both glad about.

I was currently in a sitting position on my bed alone besides from my cat who was sleeping at my side. My blanket over my lap and pillows against my headboard which I was leaning against. The rain was falling and gently hitting the window. Music from my walk man played through my earbuds. My sketchbook lay open on my lap, pencil in hand. For the first time during my entire time in Hurricane I was genuinely calm inside my house. Mother got lottery tickets for a three day stay at a fancy beach side hotel which she won at bingo. Unfortunately she only got three tickets so guess who was left behind. Not that I cared. I much preferred staying at home then having to go vacationing with people who can barely tolerate me. The rain continued to fall, luring me to sleep but the doorbell woke me back up. I begrudgingly got out of the comfortable bed to go check who it was. Sure I knew opening a door at night when you're home alone is never a good idea and is often a start to a murder mystery book but something in my gut was telling me to at least check, and it was a good thing I did.

On the other side of the door was Michael. Dripping wet from the rain with a split lip and a black eye. I quickly ushered him inside, eager to get him out of the freezing cold. Once he was inside and his soaked leather jacket and shoes were off I pulled him into a hug. He smelt strongly of cigarettes.

"Michael what happened are you okay" I could feel Michael leaning into me.

"I forgot to tell my dad that I would be hanging out with one of my friends yesterday. I accidentally slept over at their place and just decided to spend an extra day there. My father wasn't too happy and... well....."

That's all that he had to say.

"I am so sorry you had to go through that, you can spend the night here if you want. My parents are out of town so they won't bother us" I felt Michael lean even closer as he wrapped his arms around me. This is the first time he has ever been to my house. If he was being honest, he was always too scared of your mother to even come near.

I led him up the steps and to my room, my arm still wrapped protectively around him. I open the door letting him go inside first. C/n perked his head up curiously at the sound. I walk up to my dresser, fishing out some dry clothes for him to wear.

"Here you can wear these, i'll go make you something to drink" I step out of my room, closing the door giving him privacy so he can change. I also gave back his clothes that he let me borrow that one night I slept over. Once he was out of his soggy clothes and into some warm, comfortable sweats and baggy shirt, he sat on my bed. C/n gingerly walked up to him, sniffing his hand. Michael allowed the fluffy creature to climb onto his lap, gently scratching its ears, earning a soft purr. He took this time to look around the room.

 He took this time to look around the room

⬆️ Picture above is your room :3 ⬆️

The door opened and I walked back in holding two cups of steaming herbal tea. I handed one to Michael and sat the other on my nightstand before taking out some cotton swabs and a bottle of iodine. I had to slightly lean over him so I could wipe away the dried blood and disinfect his wounds. I heard a slight hiss of pain coming from him when the iodine touched his cut. I whispered a quite "sorry". 

"There, your face is no longer bleeding, how does it feel?"

"Much better thanks" he began to drink his tea, instantly calming down and becoming extra tired.

I placed the medical items on a shelf before laying down next to Michael, placing my sketchbook back onto my lap. Michael laid down too, pulling the blanket close to his face. He was laying on his back but his head was turned to the window, watching the falling rain. I let out a quiet sigh because I couldn't think of anything to draw. I stood back up, placing my sketchbook where it belongs on my self.

I flipped on a fan "hey do you mind if I keep this fan on for white noise while we sleep?" Michael shook his head. I crawled back into bed. I leaned over the mattress to switch the lamp off, before relaxing under the forest green blankets. I could feel Michael press his back against my chest. I wrapped an arm around his torso. 

"Good night N/N" he whispered quietly

"Hmm goodnight." I replayed, matching his soft tone.

We cuddled under the covers. C/n laying by our feet. I closed my eyes, letting out a content sigh. I allowed my mind to wander, before being engulfed by a deep and peaceful sleep.

Word count- 1034

This is it guys. I'm officially shitty at writing again. I'll be back in a month once I gain my motivation. Please don't stop reading this story because I don't plan on abandoning it, I'll make sure to finish it. Stay tuned for the next chapter which will hopefully be out by the end of the month. Take care everyone.

Have some warm stew 🍲