Chapter 8- Everyday Anxiety

Y/N POV

The bright flashing lights, the loud sounds of talking and laughing, the constant feeling of being watched by every pair of eyes. It was all finally getting to me. The built up anixity I gained throughout my day was starting to make its self known after forcefully pushing those thoughts away for hours. It was all getting to much to bare. I couldn't take this right now. My breathing became shallow, my heart beat rapidly quickened and my usually calm expression turned panicked. Even standing upright became a bit of a challenge. Slowly I walked to the employees only washroom to get away from everything before I pass out infront of everyone, oblivious to the pair of ocean blue eyes following my movements.

I successfully reached the washroom door without to many obstacles, sure a five year old ran full speed into me causing me stumble back which triggered my fight or flight instincts but it was only a little kid and they surely meant no harm.

Once I entered the washroom I locked the door before walking up to the sink. I washed my face with freezing cold water to calm my nerves. Looking into the mirror above the sink I saw my reflection. I never had the time or energy to properly look after my looks so I never really looked into mirrors, heck I mainly avoided then all together just so I won't be reminded about my mother's horrid words about my body.

Now that I properly looked at myself I saw that my skin was paler then normal, I had dark circles around my half lidded eyes, my usually well styled hair was starting to stick up in awkward strands, and lips where beginning to crack due to my habit of biting them subconsciously. Plus the sparkle in my eyes were replaced with profound sadness. I guess the saying is true, "eyes are the windows to the soul".

Three gentle knocks brought my attention away from me and back to the door. I must've been in here longer then I thought. Quickly straightening my uniform, I walked up to the door, desperately trying to hide any emotion that might be showing.

Lowering my head in a feeble attempt to hide my face, I opened the door, trying to sprint past the person on the other side but I accidentally slammed into someone's warm chest.

"Oh God I'm so so sorry, I didn't mean to I swear, are you alright?" I began to ramble, scared that the other would be mad at me

"Y/N calm down it's fine, you don't have to apologize, you've done nothing wrong" a surprisingly reassuring British voice replied to me.

I lifted my head and realized I was infront of Michael. We locked eye contact. I suddenly remembered the gossip some parents where having about Michael supposedly almost killing his brother by putting him in Fredbear's mouth as a prank, thankfully his father pulled the little boy away from the jaws of the metal bear before it's teeth snapped shut (Yes yes I know this doesn't correctly follow the lore but just for the sake of this fanfic, deal with it :D). I never really paid much attention to it for it was only a lack of foresight and was only meant as a joke and not a murderer attempt, but in the current situation I was in, my brain automatically went to this is not safe, I need to get away from here. Slowly moving away, I tried to avoid further conversation but to my misfortune, Michael followed.

He quickly caught up to me and stood infront of me blocking my path, not in an intimidating way but in a way that's showing I will not back down till you talk or at least look at me. Don't worry, I'm safe.

Michael's POV

I saw Y/N stumble into the washroom, he was looking incredibly faint. The last thing I want is for him to get injured. Walking up to the door I quietly knocked as to not startle him anymore then he already was.

Seconds ticked by and the door slowly opened and Y/N walked out with his head down. His h/c hair fell infront of his face. If this wasn't such a serious situation I would've thought he was incredibly cute. He must not have noticed me or thought I will back away because he slammed right into me. Normal he would be a few inches taller then me but due to my thick heeled combat boots and Y/N's slouched posture, I got the joy of being the tall one. My mind went blank and a bright, dark red blush quickly spread across my face as Y/N accidentally pressed his face against my chest as we crashed into eachother. My breath hitched and my heart rate speed up but not in a bad way. Sadly this position was soon broken as Y/N pulled away and started frantically apologizing, but how could I ever be mad at him for something as silly as that, if anything I kind of enjoyed this little interaction.

After reassuring that everything was fine, he speed walked away back into the crowd. Now I was worried. I saw how he reacted to the lights and sounds and I wouldn't want him to go through that again. I ran infront of him in hopes of blocking his path. I tried my very best to appear as friendly and non threatening as possible as to not cause any more anxiety, but still looking determined before calmly speaking.

Y/N POV

"Y/N please, just listen to me and please try to calm down, you are in no danger I promise. Fredbear's is one of the safest places in this small town. No one is going to hurt you, I won't hurt you"

Michael's words where probably the kindest I ever resieved in such a long time. Possibly over a year. My breathing went from hyperventilating to calm the more Michael spoke to me.

"I know you're probably going through alot right now so you don't have to talk if you don't feel comfortable".

A faint smile came to my face but only for a moment.

"Thanks Michael, your words are very comforting, something I really needed. Thank you, I really do mean it"

It looked like he was about to respond but a faint bell rang throughout the building signaling the closing time of the restaurant and the end of my shift.

"I should probably be heading home now but before I leave, promise me you'll go home and eat a full meal and get eight hours of sleep okay Y/N?"

"Okay I promise, and thanks again"

I watched Michael speed away with a slightly shocked expression on my face. No one had ever cared about me that much before and this random boy I just meet was so much nicer to me then my own family. He seems really nice. I hope we get to talk more.

The walk home was lonely, dark and cold but once my street came into view, I ran the rest of the way home, walking up the painted wooden steps leading towards our front door.

Word count- 1260

So incredibly sorry for the lack of posting due to my silly little neurodivergent brain causing me to procrastination. I'll post more often starting now. Don't give up on this story yet, I promise it'll get good.
Here have a donut 🍩