Chapter 5- Sleep Over

Y/N POV

I have to admit, I was shocked. I mean I just meet this family today and their already letting me stay for a whole night. I wasn't against the idea tho. Anywhere is better then my new house where my family is.

I looked over at Michael and we both held eye contact for a few seconds before he slightly blushed and looked away. I could've been hallucinating but the look in his eyes made it seem like he wanted me to stay. I turned my head so I was facing both Clara and William.

"If it's not to much trouble for you guys"

Infront of me I saw Elizabeth smile brightly at me and Clara nodded with a gentle look.

"It's settled then, after dinner I'll go over and tell your parents you're staying here for a while. I'm sure your dad will understand."

I smiled my first genuine smile I made in a while and got up to help with the dishes.

I sat on the couch listening to music and Michael sat next to me. Evey time I look over he always manages to get closer. He was practically leaning against me. I got the sudden urge to cuddle with him but because we just meet and just said a few words to each other it would've been weird to hug him. The last thing I want is to make him feel uncomfortable. (Oblivious to you Michael was fighting the urge to lean his head on your shoulder).

8 minutes pasted and Clara came backing confirming it's okay for me to stay.

"I can sleep on the couch I don't mind" I didn't want to be a bother so I offered the couch before I felt like a burden.

"Are you sure, I don't want you to be uncomforta-"

"I'll be fine"

It was settled then. It's now 11:30 and everyone was already asleep except me and Michael. We decided to use this time to get to know each other. We aprently have alot more in common then I thought. We both love playing the guitar, rock bands like ACDC and queen, collecting alot of records, and playing video games.

Now it's 12:50 and Michael had to leave to go to bed. He was a bit reluctant on doing so but he had to go to bed or he'll be scolded for staying up to late again.

I was lying on my back awake for an hour minimum. My insomnia always gets worse when I'm in a new enviroment so I was just lying there thinking about my new life. I was broken out of my trance when I heard footsteps walking down the stairs. On reflex I automatically pretended to be asleep. Slightly opening my eyes I saw Michael walk into the kitchen. Hearing the tap run he must've got up for a drink. Instead of the footsteps going back up the stairs they came closer. I continued to pretend to be asleep and wait for him to leave. I had the feeling someone was staring and after a minute I felt someones hand brush against my hair and lightly stroke some hair out of my face. The gesture was very sweet and I silently wished that he will stay even if it was for just a while longer but sadly the hand pulled away and the footsteps grew quieter as he walked away.

581 words
Sorry the chapter was so short