|~Versus~| Ch. 39

(The scene opens up to Zane walking across an icy barren wasteland)

Zane: Where am I? Where am I going?

(Before he can traverse any further, the ground starts to crack open beneath him)

Zane: Huh? (looks at the cracks beneath his feet) Ah- (the floor gives away) Ahhh!

(He falls into a cave, face-flat, one of his robotic arms breaking off) 

Zane: (fixes his arm back into place) I have to get out of- (he jumps back in fear at the sound of a dragon) That sound-

(A glowing blue dragon in chains suddenly charges out from the dark, forcing Zane against a wall)

Zane: Ah! (he looks around to see an opening coming from the ceiling) I need to get there-  

Pixal: Zane? Are you still there? 

Zane: What? Is that a voice?

(Zane looks up to see the voice coming from the Falcon perched at the same opening) 

Zane: Am I delusional?

Pixal.: Zane, please, if you can hear me, wake up! You need to wake up!

(Suddenly, Zane awakes in a cell, chained to a wall, revealing all that had just transpired was merely a dream)

Zane: It was only a dream.

Pixal: (heard from a distance) It's amazing you dream. 

(Zane's head perks up to a voice coming from the cell beside him, noticing the light coming from the small window above)

Pixal: I've always wondered what it's like. You've always been special.

Zane: (he spots a door a few feet away from him) Where am I? Who are you?

Pixal: I'm Pixal, a friend. And you're in danger and have to get out of here. Your memory drive is out of sorts and your Elemental Power—

Zane: Elemental Power? What is she talking about? (tries to shake off the chains)

Pixal: You're a Nindroid, Zane, a Ninja. And your friends are here to save you. But they can't do it all. You have to remember who you are.

Zane: Friends? I have... friends?

Pixal: Remember, Zane. You saved your friends and then rebuilt yourself. There are things about you that you don't understand. That you have yet to discover. But if we're ever going to get out of here, you have to remember.

Zane: Pixal... (a smile reaches his face as he looks up towards her voice) We are compatible?

Pixal: Yes, Zane. Yes, we are.

(At the Samurai X Cave, Nya is shown to be rebuilding the Destiny's Bounty)

Nya: Sure, Jay's cute and funny, and I'm always laughing around him, but everything's about him, and he never takes me seriously. 

(Wu is shown to be sleeping, leaning on his staff for support. Raven is sitting down, drifting off to sleep, also leaning on his staff)

Nya: More light, please.

Wu: (suddenly shakes himself awake, turning the flashlight on) Right. He never takes you seriously.

Raven: (is instantly awake due to the commotion) Pardon me, but, what are you always doing around Jay?