|~Once Bitten, Twice Shy~| Ch. 10

(Nya takes the covers off of a skeleton.)

Nya: Some villagers unearthed the remains of this Fangpyre a few miles away. It predates the Golden Age, and must be hundreds of years old. Although the venom in the fangs of the Fangpyre genetically mutate human cells into reptilian, I've learned there could be a way to stop the effects without having to create an antivenom. 

(Zane is shown taking notes while Kai is bored. Cole is drawing a picture of him fighting while Jay, sporting a new hairstyle, stares at Nya with an infatuated expression on his face.

Nya: If one is able to wildly raise their heart rate, hypothetically it could reverse the venom's effects.

Destiny: Raise heart rate? I didn't see that in the book.

Nya: That's because it was written differently.

Destiny: Ohh. 

Nya: Yeah, so(Her cheeks turn pink.) resulting in...diminished, uh, excuse me, is someone wearing perfume? I'm severely allergic to perfume.

Jay: Oh.

Cole: Destiny?

Destiny: Pah! I've never owned a glass bottle filt with liquid that actually smells good.

Nya: I know you don't wear perfume Destiny.

Jay: Heh. (Whispers to Kai) You told me it was men's cologne.

Kai: Meh, I get them mixed up. (Everyone but Jay, Destiny and Nya laugh. Zane turns his humor switch off.)

Destiny: Yeah yeah guys, cough it up... literally.

Nya: Really.

Destiny: Heh.

Cole: Ah, looks like class is over. Time to start stomping some Serpentine before they find any Fangblades.

Kai: Sounds like a plan.

Zane: I'm excited to join. 

(Later back at the Destiny's Bounty, Jay is getting ready for his outing.)

Jay: Did I ever tell you I was the first one to learn ? No, I mean, uh, I invented Spinjitzu. Yeah, that's it. And i invented a few other moves, like the karate double chop. Hyah! (He looks at his hand, which has formed green scales.) No! No, no, no. The prick from the Fangpyre fang! Oh, no. This isn't happening. No, it's nothing. It's just a rash. It'll probably just go away. You're gonna do great, Jay. This is your chance to shine. Hehe. (He goes to the bridge wearing gloves.)

Cole: Whoa, where are you going, Mr. Fancy?

Jay: Didn't you hear? I'm taking Nya to a nice restaurant. A really nice restaurant.

Kai: You might wanna change your plans. The bridge just picked up evidence of Serpentine activity over at Mega Monster Amusement Park. (The monitor shows a photo of Serpentine in the park.)

Destiny: And unless you count Mega Monster Amusment Park as a fancy place, eheh, which I don't, then your plans are-

Jay: Hey, that's Pythor!

Destiny: Cancelled.

Jay: Wha-

Zane: Pythor would not be there for fun. We believe a Fangblade may be buried underneath the park.

Jay: We can't let them get it! Oh, but my date...

Kai: Jay, if they get all four of them, Pythor can unleash the Great Devourer. Get your priorities straight, man.