021 no breaks.

𝐓𝐇𝐄 pizza was delicious as ever. I finished my slice just in time as I watched Kory knock on Rachel's door only to get attacked by one of the murder family wielding a bat.

"Fuck." I mumbled and quickly placed the pizza box safely by the corpse behind me around the corner while Kory fought the teenage boy.

Walking quickly back around the corner, I watched Kory get slammed around the hallway as Gar rushed to get Rachel to safety.

"Fuck, Kory! If there's only one here then there's three more unaccounted. I'm gonna' go check on Dick." I yelled out as I ducked under a bat swing and dodged around their fight with a grin, rushing past them in the direction of Dick's room. l

"You've got this!" I yelled, running backwards with two thumbs up. Amidst the fighting, I could've swore I saw her scowl.

Coming closer to Dick's room, I heard loud crashing and grunts from multiple people. They must've identified him as a strong fighter and leader, planning to take him out to weaken the rest of us. Though, to be fair the last they checked it was just me, Dick, Rachel, Hank and Dawn. I was almost insulted they didn't pin me as the leader. I'd be a great leader.

The door was open. I came in to see Dick fighting the father with a case in his hands I presumed was for his suit. It looked just like the tech from the old Bat-Porsche and it wasn't like Dick kept suitcases full of clothes for going on the run anyways. The father ended up flying backwards on his back as the mother stood up with a chainsaw and Dick began to fight. "God I'd love to kill someone with a chainsaw, I'm so jealous."

"Nate? Where are the others?" Dick yelled out, fighting the mother and ending up snapping her arm. She snapped her arm back and begun to fight again as if it didn't hurt at all.

"They're fine or whatever. Kory's feeling with the son. Rachel and Gar are together." As the father stood up, I ran up behind him and pulled out a knife I'd learnt to always carry on my person. I rushed behind and sliced the knife quickly across his neck deeply, almost slicing it in half with one singular stroke.

"You left the two kids together?" Me and Dick fought the family while he screamed at me, us spinning back to back fighting off attacks easily. "Go help them. I've got this, they need you!"

"You sure you've got this?" He yelled back for me to go and I dodged a few attacks, slipping out of the room with a wide smile while he fought the two still. "I'm starting to like you so try not to die!" I trusted that Dick knew what he was doing. He'd spent most of his life as a huge superhero's sidekick, he could fight a few bad guys with chainsaws.

Casually walking down the hall back to Kory, I heard a thud form behind me where Dick had been fighting. "Oh no..." Surely that was the parents not him, whatever that was. He could handle it. I had to trust him, even though trust wasn't a strong suit of mine.

The two teenage children from the murder family were fighting Kory in the hall. "Christ, what is wrong with this wacko family? They just won't die."

I snuck into the fight with Kory, knocking the son out while Kory continued to fight the daughter. After a moment, the son started to stand up again as I groaned. "My God, won't you stay down? Learn how to give up."

Fighting the son again, I yelled out to Kory. "Hey, maybe you should torch them!" Shooting Kory a grin as she smashed the daughters head into a window, I turned back to the son. I had to make sure he stayed down. I wasn't afraid to get messy, however much Dick would oppose it and berate me later.

I reached into the son's chest and pulled out his heart., tearing his chest cavity open and breaking his ribs, stringing out all of his organs messily all across the hallway floor. It was the old type of carpet that had ridiculous floral patterns that belonged in a trash heap.