Protection

It was only the day after such a horrible event occurred. Velzura was unable to sleep the rest of the night due to his gruesome and horrific nightmare. The day was progressing as peaceful as usual as if that war had never occurred. The monsters were out in the streets and going about their daily lives. Thankful to their masters for returning their peaceful lives back to them.

While everything and everyone were normal and happy during this day. Velzura himself could not feel any better. His memories still plagued with that horrific sight. The streets of Tempest filled with crumbling buildings and the corpses of citizens. His own niece lie dead and mangled in his own arms. The sight of Veldora and Velzard all furious beyond belief and filled with rage that even made Velzura shiver. And lastly, the sight of his other niece Milim Nava getting severed in two right before his eyes.

Velzura' reaction to seeing all of that was warranted. It was indeed something that could not be easily forgotten. Try as he might, he was unable to take his mind off of it. He tried to read manga, put himself in his work or even just stroll the streets of his kingdom, but alas he could not do anything without seeing all of that death and destruction. Looking towards his niece Velraiha was proving to be even more difficult.

While externally he appeared to be normal as usual, but internally he was suffering and yearning for someone to help him forget. Velzura was located inside of his own office, trying to absorb himself in his work the best he could.

Inside his office, he was seated at his desk with his head laying flat on his desk. To his left was a stack of paperwork that he just finished.

Velzura POV:

"So damn exhausting. Filling out this paperwork is annoying." I muttered aloud. Thankfully, no one was here so it is quiet and peaceful all around. But, lets not act as if thats the reason I holed myself up in here. It is terrible that I resorted to hiding myself away from everyone, but here we are now.

Why did I have to be shown something as disgusting and horrific as that? I even went to lengths to ask Ciel what had happened. But the answer I got was,

{Currently, I am unable to determine that. After some more analysis, I will have a conclusion.}

That is exactly word for word what she had answered. So, I will have an answer for me within the near future. That is all that I can hope for in this case.

But one thing that is increasingly making me curious is seeing how Milim is doing.

'Hm, should I perhaps peep in on her.' That is quite a rude thing to do. While I don't want to invade her privacy, I am really anxious to see how she is doing. I mean she has even yet to meet Velraiha. But more importantly, I just want to confirm that she is safe.

Not being able to control myself, I used my least used skill, [Destruction] and used a specific eye of destruction. It acts as a sort of viewing tool that I can pinpoint anyone I have knowledge on and allows me to see them. It has a simple name called [Observant Eye]. Combining it with my other eyes is really a force to be reckoned with.

Upon using my eye I had successfully located Milim. I had come to see that Milim herself was with somebody. It was a tall woman with a short white hair and bird wings on her back. But..... as the man I am my eyes were especially drawn.......... somewhere else.

{......}

Oops! Best not do that again. Ciel will surely kill me if I do that again.

Milim was in that room with this lady and speaking of friendship. Soon after that woman had brought out a box and opened it in front of Milim. What was inside was some sort of pendant. It had been made out of silver with a purple gem in the very center.