11

CHRISTIAN'S POV

For hours on end, I kept on playing the audio recording over and over again. My mind was finding it difficult to process this sudden information. Mirah was actually innocent. My body went stiff immediately as my eyes widened in shock. She was never a cheap girl or a gold digger. She was innocent and only suffered her whole life. My heart clenched at her sufferings and my heart bled out like I had been stabbed multiple times.

I could have chosen to trust my heart that always repeatedly said she was innocent but chose to think practically which was being told to me by my brain constantly as well. My mental state couldn't process all these outbursts of emotions which I was feeling right now. First Hailey's pregnant with my baby and now Mirah is innocent. I gulped another shot of tequila before playing the audio recording again. My heart was thumping loudly as I recalled her innocent green big eyes and that lovely long black damp hair of hers. I was imagining her the day I saved her from drowning in the river.

My heart told me how she must have been suffering. Seeing those marks and scars on her body, I felt she needed help but then lost my Judgement to the pathetic rumours her bitch of a stepmother spread throughout the town that eventually got to Thomas and back to me. I rubbed my face with both palms of my hands and sighed heavily. My eyes had turned red and watery already imagining her struggles this entire time. I cursed her father for being such a dick head and abandoning his own daughter making her vulnerable and open for her bitch of a stepmother and stepsisters that I swore was going to make them pay for what they did to Mirah.

How I wished I listened to my heart and rescued her then. My heart reached out to her and she did desperately need help but couldn't speak out as she was just a little girl of ten years. She was my little flower that I once vowed to protect but failed terribly and went back on my word all due to some stupid rumour. Having to be abused for eight years was turning my anger to be boiling up. I so badly wanted to put a bullet in her stepmother's head and make her regret ever trying to harm my little flower. My broken little flower who I let down. I needed to find her at all costs and where she had been sold off to and only that bitch could tell me where she was.

Recalling her big green eyes and long silky damp hair when I saved her from the river that day, my heart instantly softened. All the anger that had been built inside me was beginning to subside slowly and it did. This feeling I felt I couldn't understand it but all I knew was that a heavy load had been lifted off my heart as I now knew she was innocent. I could call this beautiful feeling Love! It surely had to be but I wouldn't know because I had never fallen in love before. I never experienced it before and thought it was a stupid feeling for the weak only but this feeling I felt didn't make me weak. Infact it made me strong and alive. I felt free and on top of the world. I didn't even notice when my lips curled into a smile.

I kept aside the bottle of tequila and stood up searching vigorously for my damn cellphone but it was nowhere. I ruffled my hair in annoyance as I knew there wasn't much time left. Mirah could be suffering at a terrible place her stepmother sold her off to. I managed to find my phone and quickly dialled Thomas's number and he picked up in the second ring.

AUTHOR'S POV

"Thomas! I listened to the audio recording. I want you at my mansion first thing tomorrow morning! We're going on a little your visit." Christian said and Thomas nodded and repiled. "I'll be there Mr Christian." Christian hung up the phone and called out for Lucas.

"Lucas! Lucas!!"

Lucas stormed into his room with anxiety filling his face. "What's wrong boss? Did something serious happen?"Lucas had already pulled out a gun and looked around the room for anything suspicious. Christian chuckled out and held Lucas's broad shoulders.

"She's innocent Lucas. Mirah was never guilty. She never eloped with anyone and is still as innocent and pure as she was the day i met her." Christian smiled as he was informing Lucas. Lucas did look shocked and a hint of confusion flickered in his eyes as well. Christian got his reaction and pulled him impatiently towards his laptop before playing the audio recording for him. Lucas was also dumbfounded and shocked by the revelation on the audio recording.

"I completely misjudged her Lucas. I freaking didn't trust her and deserve to be punished." Christian repiled with a sad tone present in his voice this time. He left Lucas and dashed towards his closet and got out a whip. He took off his shirt and began flogging himself as he was recalling all those marks and scars that were present on her body. He also wanted to give himself the same scars as to feel her pain as well but it wasn't as simple as he thought.

Lucas stared at his boss shocked before he rushed to him to take the whip away but Christian was much stronger and pushed him aside. "Let me! I also want to feel pain. Mirah had to bear a lot more for eight years. Eight long years Lucas! Believe me my apin now from this whip isn't going to cut it for the amount of pain she got in those eight years." Christian shot at him with determination in his eyes which Lucas hardly saw in his boss's eyes. Christian turned and made his back to face Lucas. "Get my plane ready. We're leaving for Spain, particularly at that small town where Mirah and my mum lived." He ordered without turning around. Lucas nodded without a word and went out of his room shutting the door behind him.

Christian stared at himself in the mirror before he lashed himself another whip giving him some red marks that were showing on his tanned skin. He whipped himself multiple times and lots of marks kept appearing on his back and upper waist area. He was sweating profusely but he didn't stop. Hurting himself was his way of redemption for all the pain she had to go through and he wasn't there for her when he could have been with her and saved her all those years ago.

He continued to hit himself with the whip until he could no longer carry his hands again. He slumped to the floor and was panting hard. "I promise to save you Mirah and this time I will not go back on my word even if a thousand rumours are said about you. Am coming my little flower." He whispered a promise to himself and got angry recalling her stepmother and stepsisters mistreatment on her. "I will make them wish they hadn't messed with my precious innocent little flower. My now broken flower all because of them. I will make them bleed and give them a painful death!" He swore yet another promise of vengeance to make Mirah's stepfamily pay dearly as he stared at himself in the mirror.

I wanted you guys to feel Christian's views about knowing the truth so here.