48

Mirah woke up as early as 5am and got to preparing every one of her kids' favourite dishes for their birthday. Natalia stayed in her room all through yesterday and didn't bother coming down for dinner. Mirah knew better than to insist as she was just as stubborn as her father. Sometimes seeing Natalia always reminded her of Christian. They were so alike.

The cakes were delivered around 8am. They were two cakes decorated differently and according to both the twins' tastes. Natalia's cake had purple colours along with black patterns. For some reason she also liked the color black but wasn't into Gothic and that made Mirah all so relieved. Nathan on the other hand, his cake was all blue and green and designed into a football pitch. He loved sports and was on the athletic side.

"Mommy," She heard Nathan's gruff voice from the living room. A smile was plastered on her face as she slowly tiptoed out of the kitchen. "Happy birthday honey." She yelled in surprise startling Nathan before she wrapped both her arms around his body. Nathan's shocked face was replaced with relief and he smiled taking in his mother's scent.

She left him and began to plant so many kisses all over his face which was also ticklish for Nathan and he chuckled. "Mom please, am not a baby anymore. Am seven now remember?" Mirah looked at her boy with so much love and adoration.

She cupped his face, "You'll always be my little boy Nathan." Tears filled her eyes like always every year on their birthday as she always recalled that traumatized moment when she fell off from the window and almost lost her kids. "Mommy, please don't cry. You know I hate that." Nathan wiped her tears and his green eyes lit up seeing his cake on the dining table. "wow, my birthday cake's a football stadium," Nathan rushed to grab his phone from the charger and took a picture of his cake along with himself.

Mirah giggled seeing her son's excitement and diverted her eyes towards the stairs. She hoped Natalia wasn't still mad about yesterday. She knew her daughter had a high malice character and nothing was going to change her mind that easily.

"Who's birthday is it today?" Calixster stepped out of her room and smiled towards Nathan. She spread out her arms and Nathan rushed to hug her. "Happy birthday sweetie," Calixster stroked his pitch black hair softly.

"Where's your sister?" Nathan's smile seized. "Where else aunt Calixster. She's in her room and very much upset about yesterday." Mirah turned to Calixster who gave a her a nod making Mirah to accelerate up the stairs.

She got to Natalia's room and halted in front of her door. "Natalia? Sweetie." She spoke out before knocking on her door. There was no response and Mirah knew she was still upset about yesterday's argument.

"Am coming in," Mirah held the door knob and walked into her room. Natalia was using her phone and as soon as Mirah came in, she quickly hid her phone and drew her covers up to her neck before shutting her eyes tightly. "Natalia honey?" She heard her mom calling from behind and she tightened her eyes to feign being fast asleep. She didn't want to see her mother this early and was still upset about Mirah preventing her from meeting her father.

She had made plans for when she was to meet her father today or so she thought. But everything was ruined as her mother refused to tell her who her father was.

Mirah saw her back and assumed she was asleep before walking out of her room after walking to her and kissing her forehead. The moment Natalia heard the door closing, she opened her eyes and threw her covers away staring at the door in front of her. "If you can't tell me who my father is..thej I'll find him on my own," She said to the door and grabbed her phone texting her friend in school about finding a way to bring the money for the detective.

Her phone rang and she picked it up immediately. "Are you sure he will be able to do the job in finding who my father is?" Natalia whispered on the phone while staring at the door hoping no one would come in.

"Yes of course Natalia. He's my dad's friend and he will not charge us much for the job. Just find a way to bring the money to school on Monday and he'll get the job done Nat." Her friend, Alyssa replied over the phone. "It's not so simple Alyssa. Where do you want me to get that much money. He's charging three thousand dollars for this. I don't have that huge amount." Natalia said frustrated but was also determined to do this. She hadn't told Nathan knowing he won't go against their mom but arranging for that much in just two days was almost impossible for her to do.

"Don't worry Alyssa. Just make sure he comes to school on Monday. I'll...ill get the money before then," Natalia said and cut the call. She rubbed her temples and pouted wandering how she was to get the money to pay the detective who was to help her track down her father.

Then it hit her, she was a bit scared in what she had thought right now and her lips trembled. "I...i can't do this but...this is my chance to know about my father," She whispered to herself and gulped. She had no choice but to do this.

.......

Leah blinked her eyes trying to adjust to the light. She found herself in another room. In a more homely room. She brushed away her blonde hair to her ears and she blinked wandering where that man who she spoke to was. She remembered him telling her he was her son.

Apparently her son had grown up overnight and she recalled the accident before everything went blank. She did see a beeping machine that caught her attention and the IV instilled in her hand.

"You're awake Miss Leah. How do you feel?" The doctor walked in and Leah remembered he was the same doctor from where she woke up. Leah held her throbbing head before she slowly nodded.

"How many fingers do I have?" The doctor brought out three of his fingers in her view. Leah narrowed her eyes at the doctor feeling offended but answered anyways, "Three." She looked away and rolled her eyes and hissed out in pain.

"Where's...that man who sat beside me earlier?" Leah asked. "Your son Mr Fabian," Leah nodded after a few minutes feeling unsure but for some reason she felt that man was telling the truth and that meant she was out for long and she didn't want to know for how long.

"He's not home at the moment Miss Leah. He stepped out a while ago." The doctor replied and held out her hand to check her pulse rate. "You seem to be progressing quite well since you woke up Miss Leah," Leah's lips twitched into an angry one. She didn't like being addressed as Miss.

It instantly made her to recall her wedding day when she was close to being addressed as Mrs from Miss but then he didn't show up on their wedding day and left her humiliated. She couldn't forget that day and how much everyone's stares were all on her and the murmurs that were said behind her back. She was nicknamed the left alone bride.

"Miss Leah..." Leah blinked her eyes and met with the doctor's eyes who stared at her with furrowed brows. "Is everything alright Miss Leah?" Leah stared at the doctor angrily. "Don't address me as Miss but as madam from hereon. Do you hear me?" She said with her voice getting loud much to the doctor's shock evident on his face.

........

"Where are we going Christian? And please slow down. You're going to get us killed." Sierra shot out in fear gripping her seatbelt tightly.

Christian was paying no attention to the woman sitting beside him. All his mind was gripping was that bastard who dared to infiltrate his team and had the balls to mess with the people who he loved the most.

His face was tightened and his jaw was hard and clenched. His hands were gripped onto the steering wheel with his veins popping out on his hand. Sierra's heartbeat raced seeing that and feared if he was going to rip the steering wheel off it's place.

Sierra looked outside and could now see they were arriving at the docks before she gasped when Christian pulled over. Christian quickly got out and Sierra also stepped out of the car looking confused. She looked up and saw Lucas with a few of Christian's men holding a man who looked terrified to the teeth.

"He's the traitor boss." Lucas said and Christian glared hard at the man who dared to mess with him and his family.