53

"You're in a hurry to go back to California, right?" Sierra spoke behind him. Christian took a peek at the woman backing him with her two kids. Christian nodded with a hum before walking towards the counter for enquires.

Mirah hugged her kids tightly while Dennis watched the scene with a smile on his face. "We're very sorry mom. Are you okay?" Nathan asked with worry. Natalia also felt bad for going on with the plan. "Are you okay?" She whispered with little tears staining her eyes.

Mirah shooked her head at her kids before engulfing them in a tight hug.

"What's the ruckus about?" The elderly woman who had attended to the kids rushed out from the private area. "What's the gathering for? Everyone move along with your duties." The woman ordered and the crowd around began to reduce in matter of seconds.

"Kids? Is she your mother?" The woman asked and the twins looked at each other and at their mother before nodding at the woman. "I don't understand. Why are you kids here and not at school?" Mirah turned to her kids for answers. The woman raised a brow at the kids as well. "You weren't permitted to be here?"

The kids looked at each other defeatedly before Nathan spoke out. "Yes we lied to come here." Mirah cut him off, "But why? What's the reason?" The kids looked at each other in silence before Natalia replied. "We came here to summon our father." Mirah's eyes bulged out like giant saucers. Her body shooked in fear and her eyes darted to the woman.

"Your father's on his way. Infact he should be in Mississippi by now," The woman checked her time on her wrist watch. Mirah shooked her head in denial. There was no way this was happening right now. "Mirah, are you okay?" Dennis asked and held her shoulders. Mirah was panicking and she gave a thoughtful look at her kids. "What...what is going on and why did you guys do this?" The kids looked clueless seeing their mother feeling very anxious.

"We have to get out of here right now." Mirah grabbed her kids and we're pulling them towards the exit. "We're not leaving until we see our father," Natalia wiggled her arms off her mother's strong hold. Mirah gave her a one hard glare and that was enough to make Natalia shut up. Nathan was also scared of his mom's anger. They both hadn't seen their mom's anger this hyped before. They were in for a severe punishment.

"Excuse us ma'am." Mirah told the woman who looked at her confused. "Get the car ready Dennis. We're coming right now." Mirah hissed trying to grab on to her kids. Dennis nodded unsure before racing out of the exit. "Mommy please...let's meet dad. Just once." Natalia pleaded as hot fresh tears rained down from her eyes to her cheeks. Nathan didn't say a word and only took quick glances at his mother as she dragged them out of the embassy.

They were out already and she had successfully placed them inside Dennis's car. Dennis was waiting in the drivers' seat when Mirah got a phone call from Calixster. Mirah excused herself and rushed to answer Calixster's call. "Hello Calixster. Yeah they're fine. I don't understand but I'll tell you everything as soon as we get home. We need to talk. It's urgent." She told Calixster.

Natalia frowned in the backseat while folding her arms against her chest. She was heaving with anger about all her efforts going to waste. "There's no point now Nat. It's all over..." Nathan's words were stabbing her badly. She had come this far just to see her father. She knew her mom wasn't going to take her eyes off of her and her brother for even a second after this. She literally had no other way in locating her father after this without being caught out by her mother.

"No...it can't end like this." Natalia told Nathan before her greyish eyes went to her mother who was still on the phone with Calixster. She spared a glance at Dennis who was busy with his phone in the drivers' seat. She quickly pushed the backseat door open with a jerk and ran back into the embassy.