41

The doctor stepped out after an hour and Christian rose up to his feet spotting the woman walking out. "Doctor, how is she? And my babies?" Christian asked immediately while breathing heavily. His body was damn tensed and fear was evident on his pale face that was stained from his dried tears.

The doctor gave him a stern nod before replying, "Your wife's bleeding a lot and we need to do a C-section immediately as both babies' lives are in serious danger. I came out here to inform you before we begin the procedure."

Christian gulped and wiped the sweat away from his temples and held his mouth. "But she's only two months due. My babies are going to be born prematurely." He turned to the doctor who nodded quickly. "We need your permission before we proceed and you have to respond immediately as the more time that passes by, the higher the chances of the babies loosing their life." Christian quickly nodded.

"Yes doctor. Save my babies and Mirah as well. And nothing should happen to them doctor!" His tone of voice was clearly a threat and the doctor looked upset. "Don't threaten me sir. I will do my best to save both babies and their mother. Excuse me?" The doctor walked back into the OT.

"Calm down Christian and you threatening the doctor wasn't necessary." Thomas held Christian's shoulder while Christian continued to remain tense with his mind and eyes gluing to the doors of the OT room.

His phone buzzed in his pants pocket. He took his out and believed it to be a call from his mother as she would be worried. He saw it was a call from Lucas. He lazily answered the call.

"Boss. We have Helena in our hands. Your father has kept her locked up in the basement." Christian's face hardened and his red puffy eyes flashed more red with anger while his whole body was shaken. He recalled seeing Mirah unconscious and her white wedding gown stained with blood on the hard ground.

His teeth were out gritting against each other and then Helena's face flashed before his eyes. Rage and anger flared even more and he wandered what he was going to do but he was sure going to make sure she begs for her life. He diverted his attention back to the OT room and calmed himself down though it was almost impossible for him to do.

"Good. Keep me updated and where's my dad right now?" He asked. "He's having a word with Helena as we speak now boss." Lucas replied before the sound of a baby's cries could be heard very faintly. Christian's heart stopped for a second and he gulped unknowingly. Thomas almost laughed out with joy as both men's eyes went straight to the OT room.

"Congratulations my man. You're now officially a father." Thomas pulled Christian in a hug while Christian kept his expression still in shock by the news. But then that was only one faint cry and from one baby, he wandered about the other one.

Thirty minutes later, Ines and her husband along with Elena walked up to them. "How's Mirah and the babies?" Ines asked with worry and hugged her son who embraced his mother tightly. He really needed his mom's hug right at this moment with what he was going through. "The babies are fine Mrs Ines. In fact we heard a baby's cry. It was very faint though." Thomas said making Ines widen her eyes.

She pulled away and turned to look at Christian. "The babies are born? But Mirah's just seven months pregnant now. She still two months due." Christian inhaled sharply. "The doctor had no choice, she said due to the hard blow against her stomach, part of the lining got affected and both babies' lives were in danger and hence I approved for the option of a C-section." Ines nodded after inhaling sharply.

"You did the right thing son." His father said placing a small smile. It pained him deeply seeing his son suffer so much like this. Today was supposed to be his son's happiest day of his life but then he recalled the woman locked up unconscious in his basement. His face instantly hardened and vowed to make that bitch pay dearly.