45

Seven years later.....

The sound of heels were sounding on the cream tiles. Mirah walked elegantly dressed in a plain white blouse and a tight black skirt. She had her black hair tied in a ponytail. She looked all so professional while carrying a couple of files close to her chest.

She walked and halted in front of a metallic door. She knocked twice and heard a come in from inside. She slowly opened the door and stepped into the wide and spacious office. The whole office was painted in only white with varieties of white decors and other exquisite items that made the entire office look magnificent, above all it screamed money and wealth.

The fresh cool AC blew everywhere and send a bit of chills into her exposed upper body due to the two unbuttoned buttons of her blouse. "Hello sir, Here is the file you requested from HR." She said with a wide smile.

Her boss, Mr Joe nodded and took the files from her hand. "Please have a seat Miss Gal." He pointed towards a seat opposite his glass desk. "Thank you sir," Mirah sat down and watched her boss go through the files one by one. Apparently their company was starting a new project and they were partnering with another project that had been established.

Joe nodded his head while his eyes scanned through all the contents on the files. "This deal has to pull through." He spoke and Mirah nodded with her charming smile.

"Perfect. Have my secretary prepare the meeting scheduled for this afternoon." Joe said and took off his glasses and rubbed his strained eyes. Mirah got up and stepped out of her boss' office. She did pass by his secretary Diana and informed her about the meeting in a few hours.

Diana smiled and got to her duties. Mirah was very nice and cheerful towards all of the employees and they also adored her as well. Her innocence and charm always caught the eyes of her colleagues especially the men. Many had asked her out but she always declined clearly stating she wasn't interested in being in a relationship. In her life right now, she only had one priority and focus and that was towards the two most important lives in her life, her babies.

She got back to her department that was in customer care services. She loved helping people and she saw that role as her calling after she graduated from University two years ago. She had a degree in business management and was able to ace a job at this company and had been working here for over a year and eight months now.

She did her rounds and the landlines just kept on buzzing like any other normal day over at the customer care services department. Soon it was her time done for the day, she checked the time on her wristwatch, it was already 5pm. She smiled and quickly got her bag placing all her stuffs inside.

"Need a ride home?" She looked up and found Dennis, her fellow work colleague. Mirah shooked her head with a smile. He wasn't going to stop asking her everytime they were done with work for the day and as always he was met with the same response from her. "Hmm. Am sorry Dennis but I have to run some errands today." She answered while still packing her stuff. "The same old trick again," Dennis said feeling a bit low but his smile made it clear he was already used to her answer being a no.

Sure, she always made the same excuse with him of having to run on numerous errands before going home. She didn't want him to know her place at all, infact she didn't want anyone at the office to know anything about her or her life in the past. She had long forgotten and didn't want to be too cozy with her colleagues. It was the reason she also declined any official work parties or a girls' night out. But this time, she was honest and needed to visit the grocery store to do some shopping for tomorrow. Tomorrow was a special day and she needed to prepare.

"Huff, When will you learn?" Andrew, another fellow colleague laughed and made fun of Dennis. "The little angel's not interested, don't you get it?" Dennis gave him a hard glare and turned to Mirah. His features softened again as soon as her big emerald eyes met his black ones. He gulped and spoke, "Well...I'll see you on Monday then." He smiled and waved before walking away. "You can drop me off Dennis, bye Mirah." Samantha waved and walked out of their office. They were about twenty in total in the same office with cubicles around and each cubicle with a landline used to receive the many and never ending customers.