12

MIRAH'S POV

I cried myself to sleep and only got up after getting a few hours of sleep. I was still shocked by Mr Christian wanting to keep this child. My heart thumped deep down as I grazed my belly. It was really hurting seeing him call me names again. He didn't believe me when I said I never wanted this to happen. I layed my head on the headboard and was deep in thought. What life was I to offery child but then sighed out as I realised how I wasn't alone in this anymore. This heavy weight was going to be handled by both me and Mr Christian.

I decided not to overthink it and grabbed my novel hoping I would fall asleep which I did after reading about five more chapters.

I woke up quite early and was still turning on the bed when my ears picked up harsh and fast footsteps outside my room door. I rubbed my eyes to get a clearer vision and heard the sounds of footsteps and murmurs echoing outside by my door. I got up and narrowed my eyes in curiousity before walking towards the door. I opened the door and stepped out only to see Lucas passing me and was quick to see him holding a small black bag along with two maids that walked faster behind him as well. One of the maids was holding Mr Christian's jacket that much I knew while the other maid held his wristwatch. Just then I heard Mr Christian's voice echoing downstairs and my legs on their own walked towards the railing and saw him talking to a non familiar man who I had never seen before.

The moment I got to the railing upstairs, I found his body go stiff before he turned around and my heart almost came out as his grey eyes met with mine. His eyes still showed clearly how upset he still was with me and I couldn't help feel more guilty more than I already was. To think he wanted his baby while I didn't was making me feel like the worst human being on earth. I gulped seeing as he didn't refrain from staring at me deeply and couldn't care less about what thean standing next to him thought. That was so like Mr Christian, not caring about anyone's judgements.

My eyes widened as he began to walk towards the stairs before walking straight towards me. My breath was heavy now and immediately lowered my gaze to the floor before I heard his loud footsteps with his shinning black shoes coming into view before my eyes. He stood there and I could feel his breath hit my nape which made my body have a sense of a different feeling which I had never felt before. My heart was still racing as he never said a word even after three whole minutes. "Look up and face me!" His deep voice sent orders in the air and I raised my head to meet his eyes again. Those eyes were still cold and emotionless and it was making me so intimidated. He kept his stance staring at me before he cleared his throat loudly. "You better take care of my child while am gone!" He said loudly. "And don't you even think of harming him. If you don't care about this child fine! But I do care and you'll take good care of him properly!" I felt a sting pass through me when he said I didn't care about my baby.

".. that's.. that's not true.." I voiced out in defence and heard him chuckle in response. "Don't give me that crap! You care about this baby inside you? Well you have a funny way of showing it." His accusations held mockery in them and it did hurt me even more. I wasn't a monster who didn't love her baby. I did love my baby and although I was overwhelmed at the time but choosing to abort this baby was the best decision to do then because I wasn't capable and selfish to bring my baby into this world and let him join and get mixed in my cursed life. If only he understood me right now. I thought he was never going to accept this child and hence thought of the best way to avoid my child any suffering but things had changed with him accepting this baby.

"Listen I don't give a damn what you feel anymore Hailey. You betrayed me the moment you lied straight to my face and even dared to terminate your pregnancy without informing me. I hate you!" He spat at me and I shut my eyes holding my tears in. I didn't know why but Mr Christian telling me how much he hated me was hurting me deeply. He wasn't the Mr Christian I was sort of comfortable with before. "I..I was overwhelmed..and didn't..want this..am just eighteen." I again tried to defend myself but he grabbed my shoulders and pinned me harshly to the wall making me wince out. "This is all your fucking fault! Don't blame others for your mistake! You were the one who didn't take those pills and got yourself into this so deal with it!" He shouted at me and I jumped.