16

Mirah was in her room reading a novel and tried staying calm but she was far from that. After Christian left, her mind hadn't settled at all and it always kept on thinking about Christian's threats. He had threatened to separate her and her child and Mirah didn't want that.

She touched her belly and sighed outloud. "I was almost about to abort you my baby. How..could I do that?" She whispered to herself on the verge of tears. It had been a day now since he left and yet her agitation was getting the best of her. Only one person could have helped her in this situation but then thought against it.

She wandered how Ines was going to take the news about her pregnancy. Was she going to react badly and accuse her just like Christian. Those negative thoughts completely discouraged her from calling Ines and asking for help. Once again she was alone to deal with everything. She was still a bit at ease as Christian accepted the baby but her not being a part of her baby's life was something Mirah couldn't tolerate. She had to convince Christian no matter what even if it meant she became a slave.

Her thoughts were still going haywall when she heard a knock on her door. Her eyes quickly came back to life and she looked towards the door. Maybe Christian was back. She gulped and stepped out of her bed and walked slowly towards the door. She stood in front of it and took deep breaths before she grazed her tummy. "No one can separate us my baby. I will make sure of that." She whispered before opening the door.

Her heart eased out quickly seeing who was at the door. It was Lucas and two maids. "Is..is he back?" Mirah asked lowly and Lucas nodded in response.

"The boss wants to see you. Get ready and come down." Lucas said and ushered the two maids in who were both holding something in their hands. One held a large box while the other maid held a much smaller box. Mirah looked in confusion.

The two maids dropped the boxes and left the room quietly. Lucas turned to Mirah. "Get ready and meet me downstairs. And hurry up miss." With that he walked out and gently shut the door behind him.

Mirah just stood there with confusion completely covering her entire face wandering what just happened. Her green eyes darted towards the boxes before she slowly opened the bigger box. Her mouth flung open as a gasp came out. Inside the box was a green and black flower petal design all flowing gown. It had coverages everywhere but did have a beautiful carved v line. She took out the gown and took a closer look at it and she just couldn't take her eyes off of it.

But then her glistening eyes started to fade away as the realisation of their fight and Christian's anger and hatred towards her wasn't fake. She got confused all the more as to why he gifted her this expensive gown when he was clearly pissed and mad at her. She carefully placed the gown on the bed and grabbed the smaller box. She opened it and gasped again. It was a complete collection jewelry set and had the brand EL, one of the top notch jewelry brands in the world.

Mirah took her time in staring at the diamond and gold pieces on the necklace as well as the earrings and bangles. Mirah remembered Lucas and quickly went to take a quick shower before putting on the gown as well as adorning her body with the complete set of the jewelries. She didn't know what to do with her hair and just combed it straight letting it flow down towards her waist. She applied only light makeup to compliment the dress before she stepped out of her room and walked down the stairs.

She spotted Lucas pacing around in the living area and stopped seeing her. Mirah walked closer towards him. "Am sorry I took so long." She whispered again feeling very nervous to meet Christian. "What's going on here?" Helena's voice boomed into the living room as she wheeled herself towards them.

She looked stunned at the atmosphere before her eyes landed on Mirah's beautiful gown. Her mouth hunged open even more staring at the gown she wore. She then gave Mirah the weird and hating look before turning to Lucas. "What's going on here? Why is she dressed like she's going to a ball?" Helena asked. "Am sorry miss Helena but I can't give you that information right now." Lucas repiled and Helena gasped.

"What do you mean...and where's Chris? If you're here then am sure he's also in the US. Why hasn't he come home yet?" Lucas sighed. "Am sorry miss but am not authorised to give you any information." He said and turned to Mirah. "After you miss."

Helena's eyes opened. "Miss?! I can't believe what am hearing right now!" She huffed and Mirah didn't care about her and walked out of the mansion with Lucas walking behind her leaving Helena to fume in anger. She wandered where Mirah was going to and thought of Christian had invited her somewhere. She dialled Christian's number thrice but no response and she literally threw a fit and screamed when she fell off her wheelchair hurting her still sore legs. She quickly called for the maids who rushed to help her get back on her wheelchair. She cursed under her breath of her hatred for Mirah and waited for Christian to get back.

*********

Mirah sat by the window in the backseat and looked outside at the lighted city. She rested her chin on her hand and admired the city at night. It was just she and Lucas in the car meaning total silence all through the journey. Mirah decided not to be anxious right now as it was bad for her baby's health as well as for when she meets Christian.

She had made up her mind that she was going to become whatever Christian wanted her to become inorder to stay close to her baby. She had no choice and defying him was obviously a lost cause. She just hoped he was in a better mood tonight so she could plead with him but somewhere she believed he must be in a god mood seeing as he bought her the expensive gown and jewellery set.

She took in deep breaths and stared outside until she felt the car come to a stop. Her eyes moved around and saw that the place they had arrived was in the middle of nowhere. It was kinda dark around and that made Mirah feel scared all of a sudden. ".. where are we..Lucas?" Her voice broke in fear as she looked around.

"Everything's fine miss." Lucas stated calmly before he grabbed his phone and dialled a number. Mirah felt her throat swell wandering if all this was a set up to kill her and her heart began to race uncontrollably. "We have arrived." Lucas spoke and hung up.

Just then the darkness disappeared instantly as lights magically appeared everywhere. Mirah looked around and saw tiny lights that were flickering beautifully. A trail of petals were seen up front. "You should go down that road. The boss is waiting for you." Lucas replied and opened the door for her. Mirah stepped out of the car and gulped. Her racing heart had calmed down after the lights came on.

She nodded and walked slowly towards the flower petal trail. She followed it and turned around still spotting Lucas watching her from behind. She turned to the front and focused on walking towards where the trail lead her to. As she walked, the lights were becoming brighter and brighter with some neon lights flickering as well. There was also displays of flowers that had been taken off their roots with lights sparkling in them. It showed the flowers were broken and Mirah wandered what it meant but found it beautiful to see.

The trail ended and Mirah's heart raced a bit spotting his back in front of her. He wasn't facing her but she saw he was dressed in a black suit and was standing close to a small romantic table that had flowers everywhere along with some glasses and champagne.

"You're here." She heard his deep voice and her breath hitched hearing his voice. She could tell he was in a good mood from the sound of his voice. He then slowly turned around and faced her. Mirah looked shocked but not at him but at what he was holding. He was holding a flower along with a sign that read

I WANT A CHANCE WITH YOU.

________________________________

Will she give the man who constantly abused her and added to her miserable life until now another chance?