20

Mirah didn't come down that night for dinner and locked herself in her room all throught the night. "Why the hell does she have to be so stubborn and get all emotional about everything," Christian said annoyed as he paced around the living room area. Matilda stood at her spot for half an hour still regretting having not helped Mirah in the past. Not a day goes by that she doesn't feel remorseful and guilty for choosing to save her job but also she didn't have a choice in the matter. No one was going to hire her as their maid in her hometown as everyone knew about her incident and how she was almost gang raped.

She had siblings to take care of as well as her sick mother back then and didn't have a choice but it still pricked her day and night all these months.

"I'll try taking some dinner to her room Mr Dikson." Matilda said stopping Christian from pacing around. He turned to her with his straight usual face. "I don't think that's a good idea. She might just get upset and her being in a bad mood isn't good for the baby anyways," Matilda nodded calmly. It was hard for her to still process what had happened this past few months to how Mirah ended up with Christian to her expecting. It was all shocking to Matilda but knowing Christian's nature a little, she could tell whatever happened was his doing.

"I'll go and make sure she eats. You get some rest...and by the way I think you did what you had to do at the time so don't be hard on yourself. Am sure she'll forgive you soon." Christian said and walked to the kitchen to grab a few fruits seeing as she won't eat a meal. He walked up the stairs and reached her room. "Open up!" He ordered but heard no response. He called out to her two more times but was still met with the same response.

"It looks like I have to go back to my old self inorder to crush your growing attitude," He whispered coldly before fishing out the keys to her room and poked it into the keyhole unlocking the door. He kicked the door open with his right foot and walked in. He glanced around and easily spotted her on the floor resting her back on the bedside. Her eyes were red and swollen obviously from crying for hours. She held a big pillow close to her chest tightly and she seemed to be in thought for some reason. She hadn't even noticed his presence.

He sighed trying to control his anger that was boiling inside of him to lash out at her but was bearing holding it in inorder not to make things worse. The things you do for love right? Never would he have imagined a little girl like her could change his world and make it fuzzy like he was feeling this few days. He dropped the tray of fruits on the lamp stand and kneeled down in front of her.

"You have to eat something. You haven't eaten anything all night." Christian whispered to her but Mirah was far from paying any attention to him. "Mirah," his voice was beginning to get agitated a little at her stubbornness. "Mirah!" His voice became extremely loud this time earning her full attention as she jumped with her eyes widened and mouth opened in fear. Her chest heaving out to show her being startled by his loud voice. "What is wrong with you? I thought that having Matilda here will cheer you up and make you feel less uncomfortable around here but no! You had to get all emotional and run off without even eating anything! Do you even care about this child at all?" He asked angrily glaring at her.

Mirah straightened herself. "Of course I care about the baby, am it's mother." She said back but Christian countered her. "Well you don't show it. Earlier today you were going on and on about how you were willing to become my mistress inorder to be close to our baby but now all I see is you being selfish!" Mirah gasped at his words. "Am..am not selfish." She whispered making Christian to chuckle. "You are damn selfish! Just because Matilda confessed about what happened some months back, you got upset and chose to starve yourself because of your so called pain and hurt you feel." Christian's words made Mirah gulp as what he said did make sense. Her eyes trailed over to the tray with the fruits and she grabbed them taking a glance down at her belly.

She ate all the fruits on the tray and turned to Christian. "I've eaten. You're happy now!" She said with her voice a little higher. Christian was staring at her mostly into her eyes trying to find something he longed for. That sweet innocent naive Mirah he was attracted to was nowhere in front of him. "You're not the Mirah or Hailey I liked. You acting daring and using our baby as an excuse to get your way with your attitude... that's not the Mirah nor Hailey I know." Christian's voice became softer at the end. Mirah blinked her eyes twice hearing his demeanour calm down. "And yes..your friend might have hurt you in the past but think about why she did it. Not only you has problems in this world Mirah," Christian said annoyed and got up before leaving her room leaving Mirah speechless to even utter a sound as she pounded on his words.

***

Christian barged into his study and yelled before throwing things off his desk. Mirah's attitude tonight really ruined his mood but he had to calm down remembering Mirah was pregnant. "Is this not how I expected our night to go," he said to himself as he grabbed a cigarette from his cigarette box and lighted it before placing the cigarette bud between his lips to take in the nicotine and calm down his nerves.

He did love her but her attitude tonight annoyed him so much and thought she was trying to take advantage of his love for her. He let out the huge puff of smoke through his nostrils and slightly parted lips into the air. He took his seat and stared at the ceiling wandering how to make her feel comfortable around him without her putting on her rude attitude.

Just then the door to his study opened revealing Helena. She was wheeling herself into the silent room that reeked of nicotine everywhere and she was able to spot him at his seat smoking with his gaze focused on the ceiling. "I see your dinner night with Hailey didn't go as planned." She said but Christian didn't respond despite him knowing her presence in his study room. He exhaled another puff of smoke into the air and Helena wheeled herself closer to him. "This isn't the Chris I know. That girl has changed you. Come on Christian you're a mafia don and the owner of so many industries and firms around the world. You literally can have any girl you desire. She's only just using you and she's succeeded with getting pregnant with your child." Helena spoke out with a small smirk that was hidden in the darkness of the room and only a faint light was shown through the opened window from the bright moonlight.

"There's nothing to do anymore. She's expecting my child and she will stay." Christian spoke after inhaling another smoke in. Helena's face hardened hearing his firm stand on Mirah staying but she wasn't ready to give up in getting Christian away from Mirah's love. She wheeled forward and stood up from her wheelchair which now gained Christian's gaze to be fixed on her. "You can walk properly?" He asked a bit surprised. Helena smiled with her cheeks red. "I have been able to walk a bit for some days and had been practicing my walking until I got better with it." She repiled and Christian nodded averting his eyes towards the open window.

"I know you're feeling sad right now. I heard from the maids you know how much they gossip around. I found out your mood got spoilt because of Hailey." Helena leaned forward and jumped on his laps making Christian to look at her weirdly. "You desire comfort and love and I know that Hailey can't give you that but I can.." Helena spoke in her seductive voice leaning her face forward towards his. "Helena...not now..." Christian whispered but his desires were getting the better of him which Helena noticed before she smashed her lips against him and holding his face inorder to deepen the kiss she had longed for days.

_____________________________________

Don't hate me guys for this...just trust me and continue to follow up on the story.