Chapter 13: Free Falling

Chapter 13:

As I slowly drifted back out of my cloud of sleep I felt a familiar touch and someone softly caressing my hair. I smiled to myself, already knowing he was there before I even opened my eyes.

"What are you doing here?" I asked softly. His smile instantly made the room feel warmer.

"I just felt I should drop in to say hi." Austin said, then slowly leaned over and kissed me on the ear, as I was laying on my stomach. "Good morning beautiful." He whispered while his lips were still hovering by my ear.

A smile pulled at my lips and finally I broke into a grin. My eyes fluttered open and I saw him laying next to me, nose to nose, smiling softly. I reached forward and ran my fingers over his face just to make sure he was really here.

"Good morning handsome." I replied sweetly. Moving over so I could curl up against his side.

"Six days." He whispered happily. I shot him a questioning look. "Until our date." He clarified, and another grin enveloped my face.

"Are you seriously going to torture me all week with this?" I asked, he grinned and nodded proudly. I rolled my eyes and laid my head back on his chest.

"Why can't we go today?" I asked.

"Cause I have nothing planned." He replied.

"I don't care what we're doing I just want to be doing it with you." I said softly. I felt his smile before I saw it.

"Then what do you want to do today?" He asked.

"I just woke up, I can't think." I moaned, rubbing the sleep from my eyes.

"Well how about we start with breakfast?" He suggested.

"Sounds good to me, now I just gotta get up." I grumbled. He chuckled,

"Should I give you a push?" He asked.

"No I got this." I said, moving closer to the edge of the bed but then collapsing into the pillow, he chuckled again. I pushed myself back up and rolled out of bed, hitting the floor with a heavy thunk.

"Oh my god, are you okay?" He asked worriedly. I smiled sheepishly up at him as he peaked over the edge of the bed at me.

"Nothing like a little pain to get you going." I said.

"You're going to hurt yourself." He protested, grabbing my hands and pulling me to my feet. He sat on the edge of the bed and wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me into him. I smiled, burying my face in his neck but finally pulled away, taking his chin and tipping it up to look him in the eyes.

"I've got to go get ready." I whispered. He finally released me with a heavy sigh.

"You know, I could help." He said with a wink.

"This is already bad enough, I'm not getting you into anymore possible trouble." I chuckled and went to my closet and picked out a simple black sun dress. Then I went to the bathroom to change and groaned, looking in the mirror, my hair was a tangled nest and I had left over eyeliner from yesterday smudged under my eyes. I was in no way a pretty sight and I couldn't believe he still called me beautiful when he was staring at this. I ripped the brush through my hair, first attacking the tangles then put it up and washed my face. After getting dressed and doing my makeup I headed back out to my room to find shoes. He watched me carefully as I walked around the room finding stuff and finally I turned around to look at him.

"What?" I asked.

"Nothing." He said but wore a telling smile and had a little color to his cheeks.