Chapter 12: Guilty Thoughts

Chapter 12:

"Hey Anna, my mom said you called? I'm actually headed into work right now, what's up?" I said into the phone as I left the house and locked the door behind me.

"Nothing about work has changed, I still need you today but I was wondering if you wanted to hang out after, I got tickets for this awesome gig tonight but my boyfriend can't go and I don't wanna go alone." Anna said, sounding kinda bummed.

"Yeah, I don't have any plans so I'll go." I replied.

"Awesome!" She yelled, I could tell she was just jumping up and down with excitement now. "Okay, see you in a few mins, I'll fill you in on whatever details you want when you get here."

"Okay, see ya then, bye!" I said hanging up.

I really didn't care who the concert was for, I just felt like getting out tonight. It could be country for all I care as long as I got to have some fun.

There was a line going already by the time I reached the bakery so I just smiled at Anna and jumped right in to help her.

"So I noticed that Keenan stopped coming by." Anna remarked after the crowd was gone.

"Yeah well.. I kinda found it hard to follow your advice and kinda went to a bar with him a couple weeks back." I said scratching my head with a nervous laugh. Her eyes almost popped out of her head.

"What did he do!? I told you he was no good!" She exclaimed, stamping her foot and putting a hand on her hip.

"He got kinda pushy and my other friend who was there kinda.. Punched him then he tried to apologize but my friend wouldn't let him and he has just kinda stayed clear of me since." I said.

"Good, if I ever meet your friend I'll shake their hand, they can see him for who he really is." She grumbled.

"I can too its just.. He's.. Distracting." I said blushing. I jumped as she broke out laughing.

"Just admit it, he's hot." She said

"Okay he's hot, happy now?"

"No! You're too weak! You can't fall for his or any other boy like him's charms." I nodded,

"I know.. I don't know what I was thinking. Anyways, I guess we haven't seen him cause it would be an awkward reunion." She nodded,

"As long as it keeps him away I'm okay with it being awkward." She said.

"I feel like there is more to your past with him then what you're telling me.." I said, finally getting that off my mind.

"Okay, so I was once that weak-legged, doe-eyed girl, looking for some fun that fell for his charms too. He seemed so cool, and drives that motorcycle- oh did he pick you up on the motorcycle?" She asked suddenly. I nodded. "See, it's a chick magnet! But anyways we grew up together so I had a false sense of safety but I was wrong and he turned out to be a jerk who just wanted to get in my pants." Her words ran together as she talked a mile a minute, it all came spilling out of her at once and as she finished she spit the final words. I winced, having never seen her like this before.

"But I'm okay now, I've gotten past that and found a good man." She chirped happily. I stared at her in shock, slightly afraid of how crazily she was changing moods about this topic.

"It wasn't about the bike for me though, it was just.. Him." I said thoughtfully. She nodded.

"I get ya, he still sucks." She said. "So umm Will has lunch right now so do you mind if I take first lunch break?" She asked.