Chapter 1: Betrayal

"Please Evan? I need my wing woman, we're best friends you cant leave me hanging!" I sighed, shifting my weight between my feet nervously as I thought. I wasn't much of a talker. I was awkward and shy and super insecure yet Hayley thought it would be a great idea for me to accompany her backstage, VIP at warped. Her light brown eyes searched mine pleadingly and she neverously tucked her dark locks behind her ear. Obviously an act though. She knew appearing weak always got her what she wanted. It made others want to stand up and be the brave one and some how I felt myself falling for it. I plopped down on the couch behind me and pulled my legs into a ball, laying on my side and gazing thoughtfully at the evening news on the tv.

"Evangelista?" She prodded in a pouty tone.

"Fine." I snapped.

"Yay!" She screamed with a triumphant smile, jumping up and down. I offered her a weak smile, suddenly getting a sinking feeling of dread in my stomach. This wasn't going to go well, I could feel it.

-----

I pulled my long wavy brown hair into a bandana, preparing for the hot weather ahead. The weather was due to shoot up past 100 degrees today and would be cooking us alive at warped.

I debated on lip stick, as I was prone to often wear bright red but it probably wouldn't be good thinking about all the lip chewing I'd be doing in the foreseeable future. It was a nervous habit of mine that people seemed to find attractive some how. My last boyfriend loved it so in my mind, it just attracts assholes.

I curled my lashes then applied mascara and eye liner to frame my big blue eyes.

I couldn't put my finger on why I was so nervous about today. Everything within me was screaming against it. I leaned on the bathroom sink for support, shutting my eyes and breathed deep, reaching my inner peace and confident facade that would carry me through the rest of day. When I opened my eyes and was happy with what I saw in the mirror I started to get dressed. Pulling on some lace stockings and black shorts over top with a skull tank top. Then I lathered up my fair skin with sun screen and tucked it into my bag for the day.

"Ready." I texted Hayley. Heading downstairs and kissing my mom on the cheek.

"Hayley should be here any minute now." I said.

She smiled, her red hair pulled into a bun for work as she stood in green scrubs, perched over the morning paper at the counter, one hand on her hip and coffee in the other.

"You girls have fun today and be safe." She warned. I laughed,

"We'll be fine." I said, grabbing an apple and biting into it.

"You may feel safe amongst your rock and roll colleagues but there are creepy guys everywhere just looking to pick up underaged girls like you." She said seriously but I just laughed when she said colleagues like we were co-workers at a job. 'Best damn job ever.' I thought.

"I'd kick his ass." I declared defiantly, taking another hug bite out of my apple.

"That's my girl!" She smiled, pulling me into a hug.

She was the one who had helped me through my last break up. I was too blinded by love to see how much of a jerk he was, something she knew well as a single mother. That and all my other life crisis she was always there for me for.

A horn sounded from the driveway making me jump so I leaned forward and gave her another hug.

"Love you mom!" I said with a smile, "See ya later!" I grabbed my bag and bounded out the door to meet Hayley in her truck.

We roared off down the road and reached the fair grounds where Warped Tour was being held about 45mins later.

First we approached the skip the line line with our three cans of food to get our pass and took our place in line. Hayley pulled two VIP lanyards out of her bag and put one around my neck with a smile.