Chapter 17: Raw Emotions

Chapter 17:

"Room service." I was shaken awake as a knock cut through the air and I heard a male voice grumble at the door. The bed suddenly felt colder as the weight beside me left and I heard sleepy footsteps trudging across the room.

"Thanks." I heard Austin say as he opened the door. A few minutes later it shut again and I could smell bacon. I rolled over and stretched, rubbing my eyes and moaned at the thought of being awake.

My eyes suddenly fluttered open and I saw Austin watching me smiling as he carried two plates over and sat in bed again.

"Good morning, I wasn't going to wake you but since you're up you get your breakfast hot and fresh." He said.

"Thanks." I said, digging into my plate of eggs and bacon. We sat in silence eating with only the sounds of the TV in the background.

"Ready to head back?" He asked.

"No." I said truthfully. "But I have to."

"Do you want to stay with us?" He asked suddenly.

"What?" I asked in confusion, not expecting that invite.

"This whole time we've been out here it's given me time to think about... The situation, and I think you might feel better staying with friends right now.. Unless there's family you'd like to go to." He said, picking and choosing his words carefully.

"I wish there was other family.." I said, "but right now you guys are the closest thing I've got to family." He glanced sideways at me sadly.

"You're always welcome at our place." I heard someone yell from the door and looked up to see Alan walking in.

"Gingy!" I yelled throwing my arms around him and he fell into bed with me laughing. "I love you guys." I mumbled, curling up between the two. Alan patted my hair and Austin smiled, wrapping his arms around me.

"We love you too, Evan." Alan said softly, smiling.

"Aww I can feel the love in here." Tino said happily, coming in too with Phil and Aaron behind him. I smiled at them.

"Join the party!" Alan exclaimed and they jumped in at the foot of the bed too. "We were just showing a little family love." Alan said smiling.

"Did you invite her to stay?" Phil asked, I nodded. "So?" Then I suddenly realized I had never given an answer and now they were all staring at me. I bit my lip, unsure of my answer.

"We all talked about this already, it isn't a problem, we want you here." Austin said encouragingly as he saw me struggling.

"Okay." I said quietly, blushing a little at all the attention.

"Yay!" Alan exclaimed, pulling me into a huge hug. It was hard not to smile when you felt this loved.

-------------

"Home sweet home!" Alan yelled, running straight to the kitchen for food and tripping over Austin as he started running too. I laughed at them and shook my head climbing over them to get a glass of water. I turned and leaned against the counter watching as they randomly broke out dancing.

"You guys are insane!" I giggled.

"Get used to it, you're stuck with us!" Tino yelled while joining them.

"You get used to it after a while." Phil said, chuckling softly beside me. Aaron sat at the table in the middle of the commotion looking bewildered as they tried to coax him into it.