The School's Player Freaked Me Out

Tuesdays suck, I thought to myself as I smashed the buttons on my alarm clock. It was too early in the morning for me, I wish I could've slept a bit longer, but I didn't want to be late for school. So far, I've never gotten a tardy, and I wanted to keep it that way.

Sighing deeply, I got my butt out of my warm and comfortable bed, walked into the bathroom and took a warm shower. I was shivering when I got out of the shower, morning air in this house was such a pain in the ass. I quickly grabbed my towel to warm myself up and dry off.

I picked out a comfortable outfit, a loose tank top with shorts and pulled my hair up in a ponytail. I walked downstairs and made myself a quick breakfast. There was a note taped to the refrigerator, my dad wouldn't be home for the next couple of weeks. This didn't surprise me, I was used to this. Ever since my mom left us, my dad began to only care about his work. It feels like he hates me, since I look a lot like mom. Even I hate myself sometimes when I look in the mirror.

I grabbed my bag and went out the door, walking the way to school.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Hot damn!" Chase whooped and licked his finger to place on me, to act as if I were sizzling.

"Someone is looking fine this morning!" I gave his goofy self an eye roll and walked to my locker.
He threw an arm around my shoulder and kept on talking how amazing this party, he went to on Friday, was.
I tried my best to look interested but that didn't work out so well.

Chase was my best friend out of all of my friends, I've known him since we were three years old. He actually hated Sarah the moment he met her, he's fine with the rest of my friends, except for her. I don't know why, but I mostly just ignore it.

My first period on Monday was World History with Mr. Grey. He was a short, anxious teacher who didn't like being talked back to.

"Ms. Blake!" Mr. Grey screeched so loud the flab under his chin began to vibrate. I tried my best to hold in my laughter, but I couldn't hold the giggle that came out of my mouth.

"Do you think this is funny? I don't like it when students don't take my class seriously."

Oops, I wasn't paying attention in class. Like always. "The current U.S. flag was adopted on July 4 of what year?" Mr. Grey asked me. I was racking my brain for the answer, but nothing came out. I swear, normally I wasn't this forgetful.

"We're waiting..."

And I don't give a damn.

I stammered, "Uhm... was it in the 80's?" The class laughed and Mr. Grey wore a mixture of irritation, anger and disbelief on his face.

"Pay attention Brooklyn!" He ordered. After that he left me alone.

When the bell rang, I sprinted out of the classroom to my locker.

Against my locker stood Mason, why? I have no freakin' idea. He saw me walking to him and a smirk formed on his face. Oh, how I wish I could wipe it off that handsome face of his.

He opened his mouth to say something but then stopped, turned to me and gave me a mischievous smile. "You know I went to the doctor the other day, do you wanna know what he told me?"

"What?" I eyed him skeptically.

"He said I was lacking Vitamin U."

Ah, there it was. You can never have a normal conversation with the guy. "Really? But my doc told me I've become healthier, because I lacked Vitamin U," I countered back.

He laughed and shot me a genuine smile, not a smirk. No, a real smile. Wasn't he still mad at me for the prank I pulled on him? Ah good times, good times.

I was getting kind of freaked out. "Uh, are you okay?" I raised an eyebrow at him.

"I'm not drunk or anything, I'm just intoxicated by you"

Definitely not okay.

"Are you religious?"

"No, why?" I scowled at him.

"Cause you're the answer to all my prayers."

I rolled my eyes at him. "Do you do this often?"

"What?" He shot me an 'innocent' smile.

"Using cheesy pick-up lines."

"Nah, it's just that I'm like a light switch and you turn me on," he drawled and that made me burst out laughing.

"I like it when you laugh" Mason said. I had no idea where that came from and I didn't like it either.

"I don't like you, so don't get used to it,"

"You don't like me?"
Does Mason's face actually look hurt? I'm sure I am just imagining things. My mind must be hazy off the cologne Mason bathes in on a daily basis. "Why don't you like me?"

Really? Even the dumbest person in the world that's never even met this guy could tell him why I don't like him. It's not that hard to understand!

I shot him a pointed look and said, "Girls, crying, broken hearts, library? You! Are you stupid?"

A look of recognition lit up his face, but it looked like he didn't even care. Not that I was expecting a different reaction from him.

"It's not my fault," Mason defended. Of course not. He just leads them on and then he breaks their hearts. Instead of answering, I rolled my eyes. "Can you move? You're blocking my locker."

Instead of moving, he just stood there and kept on looking at me.

"What do you want? Don't you have a girl to go mess with?!" He shook his head 'no' and kept blocking my locker.

"You are eating lunch with the rest of us, right?"

I looked at him weirdly, "Of course, where else would I go to?"

He shrugged, "Until next time then, kitten." He walked away, smirking and winking at every girl that was looking at him.

I realized this was our first somewhat civil conversation, creepy.