A fated reunion

"Erza? Is it fate if something stops someone from doing something multiple times or is it just a coincidence?" you ask. There was another half hour of the train ride before you arrived and you were bored to death.

"I don't know. It's your choice. Maybe it's something trying to stop you or it's just not meant to be. It's your choice whether you're going to give up trying to make it happen." she answers vaguely.

Why so vague. How am I supposed to know if she still wants to know who my brother is?

"What do you think?" I ask.

"Fate doesn't exist. You carve your own path in life. Some things just happen but they're all consequences of your choices... Like taking a walk, you choose which way to go and if you meet someone you meet them. It was your choice to go that way as it was their choice too." she replies.

"Jellal's my b-"

"Erza... How long till we're there? I'm never taking a train again..." complains Natsu weakly. As always, Gray then triggers Natsu by saying how weak he is, then Erza gets angry and knocks them both out before promptly falling asleep.

"-rother." you finish to thin air. For fluffy foxes and ducks sake. Why?! WHY DO THIS TO MEEEEEEEE!!!

"God. If you exist. Please let me tell Erza who I am before she finds out herself. I am going to specify the before part of my wish. Please stop Natsu and Gary from interrupting my confession." you whisper pray.

-----Time Skip-----

You have spent a day at the beach with the gang and you're very tired. The others are preparing to go down to the casino in the hotel. You are helping Erza tie up her long hair.

"Erza-neesan?"

She hummed in reply. she was doing her makeup while you brushed her hair and styled it.

"Is this to your liking or do you prefer the original hairstyle?" you ask.

"This one's good. I'll requip the dress. Call Lucy over." she says.

"LUCY! ARE YOU READY YET? HAVE A LOOK AT MY AMAZING HAIRSTYLING SKILLS!" you shout excitedly.

Lucy comes in and gasps. "Erza. You look amazing! Great job Mei!" she compliments.

"Thanks! Can I do yours now?" you ask.

"But what about yourself? You haven't even gotten changed yet!" she asks. 

"Oh. I'm not going. I don't like that sorta stuff and I'm really tired anyways. You guys can have fun by yourselves...so can I do your hair now?" 

-----Time Skip-----

Erza and the rest of your friends had left around an hour ago. You were sleeping on the soft, luxurious bed when you suddenly awoke. You hear a commotion outside. 

"...attack...casino...explosion..." you heard.

"Erza! Natsu! Gray! Lucy! I have to help them. Wait....where's this breeze coming from?

You follow the breeze and find the French doors open. the bright, full-moon shining in the dark star-littered sky. I'm sure I locked them before they left. You walk over to close them but stop. No. I didn't open them. Erza closed them and left the key beside the bed. I need to leave. NOW!

You ran to the front door of the suite but it wouldn't budge. No?! Why won't it open?! Ahh! What do I do! Oh yeah, I can use my magic to get out through the balcony.

You run back into the room and you spot a shadowy figure in the corner of the room. "Who are you? What are you doing here?"you ask bravely, but anyone could easily hear the fear in your voice. 

"Sorry Mei. Don't worry. You'll be reunited with Jellal soon." the man says. It's still too dark to see them. Their aura is not dangerous, and they seem to be following on another orders as well.

"Who are you? How do you know my brother?" you ask. You can see the faint glow of magic. A sleep spell. "And why are you trying to knock me out. You obviously didn't do a lot of research about me." you add, before you speedily requip a tin whistle for self-defence.

"The sleep spell didn't work?" they ask, obviously confused.

"I'm immune. What's the point in being able to use sleep magic myself if I can be affected by it?" you ask sarcastically.

"I didn't want to have to do this but desperate times calls for desperate measures. See you when you wake up." they say. A separate presence has entered the room at this point. You read their aura as dangerous but acting on another persons orders. You manage to raise the whistle to your lips before you feel a sharp pain at the base of your neck before it all goes dark. 

Chapter Secrets:

*error: character not conscious at chapter ending*