I'm here still

Noah's POV
I heard the phone RING about two times before Nick answers. "Hey, Noah?" I could tell he was smiling just on how happy his tone was with me.
"Yeah, how's it going bud?" I questioned crossing the crosswalk.
"Good, I'm just waiting for my flight.
So ugh, Why'd you call?" He was so happy just to hear from me which showed how much he cares. "I wanted to wish you well while your gone, I really appreciate you doing this Nick."
"I know you do Noah, I'm just really sorry for everything. We're best friends and I had to ruin it by some...
Stupid feelings? Man I don't know how you're so patient Noah, well you always were since we were kids."
The memory makes me smile as some leaves blew past my legs. "I remember... that's why I called you.
I don't want to get a new bassist and most importantly my best friend, you know me better than anything Nick and I'd hope to keep it that way."

I don't want Nick to just leave, so I'm gonna try and help him push past this.

"Me too Noah, I'm sorry it's just really hard. Sorry, I know you're uncomfortable. " he mumbled as a voice calls over the intercom. "Sh*t that's me. Noah I might have to hang up in a minute so if I lose you, I'll call you back later okay?" He was now walking due to his suitcase wheels following behind him. "Don't worry man, it's cool. Before you go just know I'm hear ok? Sorry for yelling at you earlier, I was being selfish."
"No... I was Noah, you don't have to apologize for anything.... Well buddy, I've gotta go." He chuckled, "okay, I'll talk to ya later alright?" I asked as it started to rain. "Sure thing bud, alright bye now." "Bye Nick" we then ended our call.

I appreciate him doing this, yes it's for his own good but it still doesn't make it easy on anyone. I thought as I slowly headed down towards the Olive garden we're meeting at.

I slowly walked inside to see Eleanor, Folio, and Jolly smiling at me as I stood by the hostess stand. "NOAH!!! " they cheered as I giggled and walked down towards their table. "Come on in my man!" Jolly says handing me a plate. "Looking sharp man!" Folio smiles as I sat down beside Eleanor, giving her a kiss as I was now in my seat. "Thanks Folio, looking handsome boy " I joked as we all started laughing. "I'm a cutie!' He smiles with so much confidence. "Our same old Folio" Jolly high fives him as we then stated passing plates down to each other.

" we need to head back to Virginia after tomorrow." I said as Eleanor turns to me. "But Noah, I can't leave unless-" I looked at her and pulled out a black diamond ring.

 "But Noah, I can't leave unless-" I looked at her and pulled out a black diamond ring

Ellie's eyes were so wide as her hands covered her mouth in shock. "Oh my god" Folio and Jolly were hugging in each other, just waiting for Eleanor to answer. "Non-legally just to get you out of Canada... Eleanor will you non legally marry me? " I said Terrified of what she'd say. "Yes.. yes Noah, yes!" She started crying but from pure joy as I leaned in to hug her. "Woooowww!!! Congratulations man!" My pals cheered as Eleanor was crying into shoulders. "Noah, baby...I " she cups my face and kisses me passionately. "I'm just happy you accepted, ring is not refundable " I teased as she buries her face into my neck, now sitting on my lap. "I love you babe " I whispered in her ear as I pulled her against my chest. "We're so happy for you two!" Folio and Jolly come over and bear hug us both causing a scene. "THEIR ENGAGED !" Folio yells as the entire restaurant starts cheering for us. "Thank you, thank you guys!" Ellie and I smiled before everyone then went back to their dinner......