Pampered and Wed part 2

A picturesque view of a lake and a few vivid green trees framed where the officiator stood. The green grass beneath his feet; the chairs covered in white satin; the rose, lilac, and white flowers that adorned the aisle surrounded Henry as he waited to walk down the aisle with his mother. It was exactly 4:00 p.m. the time for the bridesmaids to be walking in in front of him to the sound of the wedding march but were all expecting the que from the wedding planner.

Henry looked expectantly around him and could not look past the stone of the side of Ripley castle. He waited for his soon to be mother-in-law and the maid of honor to walk in front of it with Alex close behind. As he stood there looking from the sparkling waters of the lake and the full leaved trees which swayed when there was a swift wind to the cold stoney castle that sat before him, his mind drifted to Alex. On one side of him stood his best man and the wedding official several feet in front of him.

There were rows of people before him to his left and right.  The few missing people: the maid of honor, the bride's mother, and the bride created within him a type of pain which he had never experienced. There was no sign of them. As he stood there in agony waiting for his bride, his parents were watching him intensely. Some people whispered while others looked at Henry expecting for him to do something.

Henry was as calm as he could be within the eye of the storm. He worried that something might be wrong with Alex. He did not think that she was having any questions or doubts. He hoped more than anything that her pregnancy was not what was keeping her away from him, from this moment that he had been waiting for all of his life. He planned on giving it five minutes. He was sure that if there was anything the matter, they would let him know.

He wondered if there was trouble with the dress, someone's dress, or if they were just late getting ready. His thoughts took a different turn and began to worry. He imagined her in her wedding dress crouching in pain or lying down and not feeling well. The thought of thinking of her that way and not being able to be there and help her made him want to go see her. Yet, he was still waiting for the five-minute mark.

Once he had her in his arms, he would make sure that she would be taken care of. He would make sure that she was as comfortable as he could make it for her and provide her with the attention she needed. He was planning on making sure doctors were called and ready to pick her up if needed. He planned on holding her hand and smoothing over any fears which led him to think about the baby's safety and could not help but to think about the possibility of something happening to her if there were any complications.

He had never truly prayed but in that moment, he silently prayed that there were no complications. She was a month away and anything could happen. He looked down at his watch. Only two minutes had passed. He looked up towards the officiator and gave him a reassuring smile. He then turned to his father and mother and told them that he may have to go check on Alex in a couple of minutes if she did not show up to make sure there was nothing the matter. He told himself that she was fine but was not completely sure that she was.

He knew that she was the one that he had waited for all of his life, and that she was the person who had the ability to bring the best in him. He was looking forward to caring for her, giving her what she needed, and ensuring her happiness and love. He could not wait to pass his life along hers and hear her put him in his place if needed.

He could not wait to "quarrel" with her about the different points of view only to come to the conclusion that she would always have something of importance to add to the argument even if he did not see it her way but understand her reasoning. He could not wait to learn from her new things that he had never know and explore her faith with her while at the same time teaching her an understanding of the world as he knew it.