You're just short. Shut up. (6)

"This is the place" Mini confirmed. Aru stared at the picture of a dingy, wet street.

"You're telling me" Aru pushed herself off her chair and pointed to the screen. "That a man earning millions each year, illegally, has his base there?"

"That's the address mentioned. You can interrogate the guy again, if you'd like" Mini shrugged.

"Or he got us mixed up, somehow" Aiden piped up.

"That...is a possibility" Aru walked over to where the dirty phone was kept. She gingerly opened the notes app and checked the fake address.

"Mini, type this one instead"

Mini found the address and it was much more presentable. It was a street that was bustling with life, and a small shop that had the sign: 'closed'

"This looks more like it" Aru nodded.

"Want me to go tell the guards to punish the guy?" Aiden asked.

"Yep. Keep him alive, though"

He left the room.

"Okay. I'll probably get this done in two weeks time" Sheela grinned.

"Don't overwork yourself, Sheels" 

"I won't. See ya!"

————————————————-

True to her word, Sheela got it done in 14 days flat.

"Thank you so much!" Aru gave her a hug. "I cannot believe you could actually do it this quick. You're awesome"

"I know" She smiled. "Don't make it obvious someone's watching. There's a huge risk that would happen"

"Okay"

Sheela explained how everything worked and then left the room along with Mini. Aru sat in the chair and let Aiden sit next to her.

"First off, let's see where everything is" Aiden suggested, moving the mouse and selected the areas.

"Hello?" Somebody said, opening the door slightly. They turned back.

"Oh, hey" Aru smiled and at the same time Aiden said "Oh sup Drew"

Drew waved at both of them and seemed confused at meeting both of them here. "I was sent on assisting Aru on gathering things related to the search? I didn't expect you here, dude"

Aru and Aiden looked at each other in confusion. "We didn't ask for anyone?"

The sirens went off loudly. Everyone immediately got up, Aru took out her gun.

"Shit! Drew, is anyone guarding the front desk?"

His face went pale. The door behind them slammed shut and Aru heard a click. She rushed to the door and pushed it. No luck.

Then the building went utterly silent. No sirens, no frantic people, not even the slight whirring of the machines in the room. 

"The people...left?" Aiden asked confused. He gently moved Aru out of the way as he checked the peephole. "No one's there"

"What? Really?" Aru moved him and tiptoed. "You're...you're right. No one's there"

"Does that mean we're stuck?" Drew asked, sitting down.

"We're stuck" Aiden nodded in confirmation.

"Okay, okay don't panic" Aru reassured Drew, who seemed to be breathing heavily.

"You know I'm claustrophobic! It's hard!" He cried, trying to calm down.

Aiden searched the room hurriedly. "Do you know where the keys are?"

"Sheela had them, and there's only one copy. It's not here" Aru shook her head.

"How did the person lock us up then?"

"The front desk has a copy of every key. They probably got it there"

"Sorry" Drew apologised, hanging his head in shame.

"It's okay, it's not your fault" Aru looked around. Then to Aiden, she asked "do you have your phone?"

"No signal, my data isn't working either. Yours?"

"Dead" Aru sighed. "Drew?"

"Front desk" he groaned. His face was super pale, he didn't look good. "I feel like I'm choking"

"We'll get out of here. I promise" Aiden told him. "Aru? Any ideas?"

Aru looked up at the sound of her own name. It sounded nice and melodious out of his mouth, and was slightly comforting.

"One. We escape through that window" Aru pointed at it. "But we have to break it, windows here don't open"

"Fine by me" Aiden said. "Drew?"

"I just want to get out of here"

"Ok. I'm breaking the window" Aiden picked up a chair.

"Hold on, wait!"

The smashing of glass set off the sirens once again. Everyone covered their ears in agony.

"I'll go first" Aru yelled. She climbed on chairs and onto the window sill. She jumped off.

"I'm so glad we're underground" Aiden grinned and practically stepped out.

"Ugh. Why are you so tall?" Aru rolled her eyes at him easily getting out.

"You're just short. How tall are you?" Aiden pulled Drew out.

"I'm not saying"

"5'3?"

"5'4!" 

"See? Short" 

"Whatever. The exit's that way"

I had this drafted and decided to bless you before a hiatus. Hope is the thing with feathers will be updated next, but I'm afraid thats it. Sorry! Just blame the school.

How do you like it?

-Loife xx