Solis, all of light. (26)

AFTER EXPLAINING the case, Aiden being surprised and all that, Aru wanted to curse herself for not expecting the unexpected. Because right after she placed the file in the car, a figure took it and bolted.

Aru was honestly so tired from everything. Why did everything have to turn out wrong?

She was just placing the papers on the seat when they snatched it from her. They got into a car and took off. Aiden took out his gun too late and Aru missed her shot.

Aiden muttered a word but even that was fine. Aru screamed it on the top of her lungs. Aiden told her with forced calm, "It isn't too late to catch them. Come on!"

And so they were in the car, speeding. Aiden's hands gripped the steering wheel.

"Faster," She told him. He responded with a shout, "I'm trying!"

The car swerved as it almost hit another car. Aru screamed, "Aiden, we're on the wrong lane you snob!"

"What matters more, the case or the traffic police, you troll?!" He screamed back as he swerved at another car.

"That's it," Aru yelled. "I'm taking that bike."

"Is that yours?"

"It's the police's! It doesn't matter anyway," Aru said. "On the count of three, slow down for a second and open my door. Ready? One, two—"

"Wait, not ready!"

"—three!"

Aiden skidded the car to an almost stop and opened her door. Aru jumped out, almost falling terribly on the pavement. Her training intervened however and she only managed to scrape her left knee and a gash appeared on her elbow.

She got on the bike and followed. When she caught up to Aiden, he glanced at her, as if asking she was okay. He wasn't looking at her when she nodded, but Aru suspected he caught it.

She sped on until finally she aimed at the person's tire.

A gunshot sounded.

The car screeched to a stop and Aru had to turn her bike slightly until her vehicle too skidded to a stop. Aiden almost slammed into the other car but hit the breaks just in time.

Aru jumped down from the motorcycle and Aiden called for back up. As Aru saw who it was driving, she tried to keep the calm in her voice as she said, "Solis, or should I say...Kara, you have some explaining to do."

Kara looked at her feet and replied, "I know."

SJJSJSJJSJSJSSJKSJSJSJAJ

THIS SCENE. GAVE. ME. THE. WHOLE. IDEA. FOR. THIS. BOOK!!

JJASJSJJS

HOW WAS THE CHAPTER

-LOIFE XX