Consequences

The next day, the Bella's woke up bright and early to leave their hotel. They packed up and hit the road so they wouldn't be late to the meeting with the principal and a cappella association. The ride home was quiet as most of the Bella's fell asleep. However, Chloe was far from asleep. She was sweating as she bounced her leg and fidgeted with her rings.

"Chlo, why don't you come sit up here." Beca said as she looked back at her stressed out friend.

Chloe moved up a row to sit with Beca, her leg still bouncing and still fidgeting with her rings.

"Chloe look at me." Beca said in a soft voice as she put her hand on the gingers leg. Chloe looked over and Beca could see tears in Chloe's eyes as she looked at her.

"Hey babe it's going to be okay. Whatever happens won't tear us apart. No matter what we have each other. That's all that matters to me." Beca said as she wiped a tear from Chloe's cheek.

"I-I know b-but I c-can't ima-gine not b-being a B-Bella." Chloe choked through tears.

"Hey hey Chloe take deep breaths. Remember how I taught you. And we will always be Bella's. No matter what happens okay? So don't be worried okay Chlo?" Beca said as she held Chloe's hand as the ginger started to calm down.

"Thanks Becs. I don't know what I would do without you." Chloe said as she calmed down.

"Anything for you Chloe. Now come here." Beca said as she pulled her friend into a hug where they stayed until they got back to campus.

"You ladies really disappointed us." The a cappella association said as the girls stood in front of them.

"You also hurt Barden's reputation and there will be consequences." The principal said.

Beca could see the worry on the red head's face so she grabbed her hand discretely and gave it a small squeeze.

"We will have to suspend you from competing for now. This does not include your world competition. If you win that, we will reinstate you." the a cappella association said.

"Okay thank you." Beca said as she grabbed a binder from the principal and left with the Bella's.

The rest of the day, the Bella's were very quiet. Especially Chloe. Sweet, bubbly Chloe hadn't said a word since they had gotten back. Beca knew she was hurting, but didn't want to push her to talk. This hurt Beca to see her best friend in this much pain, knowing she couldn't help. Just then, Beca thought of the perfect lyrics to a song she could write.

"Hey guys. I have to go to the studio for a minute. I'll be back as soon as possible." Beca said as she grabbed her keys and laptop from the desk.

"Can you get some food on your way home? I'm starving and so are the rest of us." Fat Amy said as she sat down on the couch next to the rest of the Bella's.

"Sure. As long as it cheers you guys up."

"Oh it definitely will. Thanks Shawshank."

Beca left and made her way to the studio to write down the lyrics she had thought of.

If you ever find yourself stuck in the middle of the sea
I'll sail the world to find you
If you ever find yourself lost in the dark and you can't see
I'll be the light to guide you

She wrote as she sat in the studio in silence, thinking about her best friend.

We'll find out what we're made of
When we are called to help our friends in need
You can count on me like one, two, three
I'll be there
And I know when I need it, I can count on you like four, three, two
And you'll be there
'Cause that's what friends are supposed to do, oh, yeah
Ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh
Ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh, ooh, yeah, yeah

Beca kept writing until her new song, Count on Me, was written. She wrapped it up and closed the laptop. She had been there for around an hour and knew Fat Amy would be pissed if she hadn't returned home soon.

Beca hoped in the car and drove to the Chinese place around the corner. She knew Chinese was Chloe's favorite food and might make her day a little better. She picked up the food and headed home.

"Oh my god finally! I almost starved to death." Amy said as she grabbed her plate.

"Hey uh where's Chloe?" Beca asked and she scanned the room.

"Oh uh she's upstairs. She hasn't been down here since you left. Why?" Stacie said as she grabbed her food.

"Oh okay. I'll bring her her food." Beca said as she made her way upstairs.

Beca knocked on Chloe's door to hear Chloe softly tell her to come in. Beca walked in the room and sat next to Chloe who had her head against the backboard of the bed as she stared at the wall.

"Hey I got you your favorite. Chinese." Beca said as she set the food down on Chloe's bed.

"Thanks Becs." Chloe said in a hurt voice, not taking her eyes off the wall.

"Chloe are you okay?" Beca said in a soft, mellow voice.

"Yeah Im fine." Chloe said as her voice cracked a little.

"You don't have to talk about it. Just know i'm here for you." Beca said as she put a hand on Chloe's thigh.

"Thank you." Chloe said quietly.

"Anytime. I hope the food helps." Beca said as she stood up to walk out.

"Wait!" Chloe said as Beca was almost at the door.

"What is it?" Beca said, turning to face the red head.

"Stay with me?" Chloe said in a raspy voice.

Beca smiled and sat next to the ginger who snuggled her head in the brunettes hair.

The two sat there in silence for the rest of the night until they eventually fell asleep.

a/n
Somg credit to Bruno Mars ig 😅
Next few chapters are coming soon!!