21

"she's passed on" the man said i hung up and got yanni off my chest. "Lani a dónde" yanni whined "its ok bby i'll be right back" i said with all types of cracks in my voice. i don't like breaking down in front of her cause she start screaming kicking and all that other stuff she hates seeing me cry. sometimes i just can't help it tho i went into the guest room and called kalin. he answered on the first ring i guess he was worried since i have said anything to him in a while. "mama where tf have you been are you ok" he asked as soon as i heard his voice and knew that he cared i broke down. "lailani what's wrong" he asked concerned "my mom just passed away bro and ion know what to do. my little sister is 4 and her birthday is coming up i just need help please come over before i actually end up loosing my mind" i explained "i'm coming now" he said hanging up. i got on the bed that sat right in the middle of the room and buried my head in the covers. what the hell am i supposed to do with a soon to be 5 year old.

i might actually have to live with my dad i thought to myself and just give yanni to aunt fab. i'm not letting her live there, i was brought outta my thoughts by a knock at my door.
i walked down the stairs and opened the door. i'm guessing he saw the tear that ran down my cheek cause he walked up to me and started comforting me. "i know mh it's ok" he says rubbing my back. "you can help me with my sister" i asked him "yea i'll help he said with his chin resting on my head. "thank you" i said "it's no problem fr let's go upstairs" he says grabbing my hand. we went up the steps and into my room where yanni was watching daniel tiger. "lani c'mere" i say putting my hands out she ran over to me and i picked her up. "y'all have the same name" kalin asked with a confused look on his face "i mean yeah but her name is yah-lani and mines is lai-lani" i explained
"so what do i call her without you thinking i'm talking to you" he asked "you can either call her bby lani or yanni" i say putting her back on the bed.

Kalin Pov
me and lani where watching a movie in the living room when i started hear sniffling. i look over to her and tears are streaming down her cheeks i put my arm around her and pull her closer to me so her head was on my chest. i play with her hair and rub the back of her ears. until she soon fell asleep soon after i went to sleep as well.

Dd Pov
Crystal came to my house and just started arguing with me. she look bout big asl she definitely wasn't lyin "why won't you just claim you fucking baby dd" she yelled "it's not mines crystal damn, how many times i gotta tell you" i yelled back. "this shit happens all the time, you not giving af about how i feel" she says as she sniffles "i know it's yours david" she said with a crack in her voice. i walked over to her and hugged her she hugged back and cried into my chest i felt weird comforting her cause she put me through so much shit. and even threatens me at times but ion really care right now tbh. "i hate you" she said looking up and my from a chest. "i'll still fucking kick you out" i say and she lets go. "bye hoe" she says grabbing her bag and walking out the house. she so damn bipolar.

Lani Pov
i woke up in my bed with yanni laying on my chest she was wide awake tho. "what" i say cause why she just staring at me. "i make sure heart keep beating" she says now im confused because ian tell her nothing "what how do you know that" i say sitting up. "new boyfriend told me what happened to mama" she says looking at me with pure innocents. "hes not my boyfriend lani why tf would he tell you that shit" i say "stop being mean to me lai" she says getting off the bed and running out the room.
"omfg" i say getting up to find kalin "kalin" i say going downstairs "yeah" he says looking at me on the couch "why tf would you tell my little sister what happened to our mom" i semi yell "she asked me wha- ion give af if she asked you that wasnt your place to say anything" i cut him off. 
"ight ma im sor- he gets cut off again by a knock at the door i go to the door and look out the peep hole. "kalin its the feds" i say "what did you do" he says getting up "ian do nothing" i say "ight move" he said going to to open the door "can i help you" kalin said "is lailani jimenez here" one of the officers say "nah she not why" he says (he pissed me off but he a w)

"her father luis daiz has taken custody over her" the officer said "nah nigga wha" kalin said i was tryna get upstairs when i knocked over a floor plant. "what was that" the officer said "uh the cat she likes to knock shit over, NANCY CUT THAT SHIT OUT" kalin yells at the "cat"
"we're coming into search"
"unt unt yall gotta a warrant?" kalin asked "yes we have a warrant" they say barging into the house "lyin ass cops"

i was in the upstairs bathroom with yanni on my lap. "shh mama i know your scared" i say to her as she's whining i start hearing loud ass boots coming up the stairs "bro get tf out her house" i hear kalin yelling at them. thats wen the door to my room busted open and yahlani just had to scream. "shh yanni" i whispered to her "lailani we know you're in there just come out" one of the cops say "no im not going with him fuck that" i yell at them "we don't wanna have to make this any harder than it has to be ma'am just come out the bathroom" they say
"get tf out of my house you piece of shit" i yell holding yanni tighter "alright" they kicking my door down they came towards me while i just screamed no. one the the officers tried to take yanni but i wouldn't let them "no, kalin help me" i yelled for kalin "he's in handcuffs he cant save you" the other guy said
they ended up taking yanni out of my arms and going to the cop car.
the other man picked me up and put me over his shoulder cause i wouldn't cooperate i did not want to live with my dad and i was not about to yahlani live with him either.
—————————————————
1216 words
i hope yall know this book finna end real soon plot twist finna go crazyyyy