22.

Jimin's POV

"Excuse me- What?!" I yelled in shock as he only smiled.

"It all make so much more sense now!" He laughed with glee as I stood dumbfoundedly.

"What- WHAT MAKES SENSE?!" I yelled and he flipped through the pages of the book.

He then walked to me and showed me the page.

"Look- Wait- Can you hear my heartbeat?" Jungkook pulled the page away from me before I could read it.

"Yeah, why?" I asked and he smiled.

"Okay now look" He showed me the page again.

The page looks withered and aged.

It matches the cover of the book too.

I began to read the lines he directed me to.

That's when my whole body seemed to drop.

Not physically, but internally.

'Only soulmates can hear one another from afar. As known, pure breed vampires can hear very well than an average human. However, soulmates can hear each other 24/7 whether pure breed or not.'

All the air escaped my body.

"W-Wha-t..WH-at-" I mumbled before trying to catch my breath.

"Jimin, why do you think we've grown so close? We were fated the moment we turned into vampires. We're meant to be" Jungkook placed the book down and approached me.

"J-Jungkook! This has to be a joke! There's no way something like this could happen to us!" I stepped away and started pacing the room.

"What's the problem with us being soulmates? Isn't this a good thing? It explains all of my- probably even yours, questions!" Jungkook approached me again.

Again, I backed away.

"No Jungkook! Do you even know what this means?! That means we probably won't go through with our deal! We have to breed for christ sake!" I yelled.

He took a long pause before gulping.

"You- You don't know that, maybe we can work something out!" He reassured and I shook my head.

"No! They won't go through the hassle of working things out!" I headed to the couch to relax my mind a bit.

It's not like we can just give ourselves without actually giving ourselves-

Wait..

Didn't Yoongi say we can practically donate our sperm?

And that it would seal the deal?

"Jiminah, please don't shut me out after figuring out something as important as this. I've read that things like this are rare, that we are lucky to find our true soulmate" He sat beside me and rubbed my shoulder.

"Jungkook...I had a meeting today about breeding.." I said and he was taken aback.

"That was today? Why didn't you tell me?" Jungkook scooted away to give me space.

"I didn't want to mention it since eventually you'll also have the meeting..But..Yoongi said that we can just donate our sperm and our deal will be done" I held Jungkook's hands and he sat there quietly.

"Donate our sperm? I mean that's an easy way out, but don't you think it's weird that we would have kids running around this place that we have no attachment to?" Jungkook spoke and I sighed.

"Jungkook, what can we do?! If you say we're soulmates and that we're meant to be, why aren't you seeing what I'm seeing?! We have a deal to uphold! Taking the easy way out is all we have!" I yelled starting to tear up.