Chapter 4 - Aftermath

Adrian's POV

That made me wonder after the challenge, how come Capri got triggered about her childhood with her childhood friends?

Maybe I should ask her, but I guess not since that might trigger her.

Guess I should as long as I shouldn't be pushy to her.

I went to look for Capri to ask what really triggered her about earlier.

I saw Capri spending time near the pond looking at her reflection.

Adrian: Hey Capri?

I noticed that Capri didn't say anything and decided to leave her alone.

Capri: Huh?

I turned around and saw Capri with a confused expression.

Capri: What is it?

Adrian: Can I ask you a question?

Capri: Uh sure, what is it?

Adrian: I hate to ask this question, but why did you get triggered when I brought that topic about you and your childhood friends during the challenge. I know you'll kill me after this, since I didn't know that.

Capri: I'm not gonna kill you for that. It's just that whenever I remember it, my blood boils with my anger.

Adrian: How so?

Capri: How can I say this? It's just the hatred of someone who is in the same school as me and my childhood friends who hurt one of the two.

Adrian: I'm sorry to hear that. Is that why you're protective?

Capri: Yeah, they have meant a lot to me since middle school.

Adrian: Another question. Who are they?

Capri: I think Camila and Odelia..

Gauri: Odelia? You know her too?

Capri and I turned around to see Gauri, who passed by hearing the name "Odelia".

Capri: I do know her. Why?

Gauri: It's just that my sister you mentioned is currently missing.

Capri + Adrian: Wait what!?

Gauri: She has been missing since 5 years ago. Do you know where she is?

Capri: I haven't seen her since I was in a different city, so is Camila.

Gauri: Fair enough. I hope I'll see her again and hope she is alive, despite the fact that I haven't spent time with her much since high school.

Capri: Yeah..

I guess that's why Capri is quite concerned when she finds out that one of her friends is missing.

End of Adrian's POV

Rosaria, Warren, and Fallon are talking at one of the picnic tables. Rosaria notices Gauri by another picnic table.

Rosaria: Hey Gauri!

Gauri: Eh?

Rosaria: We got a surprise for you!

Gauri: Uh alright...

Gauri went to the three while carrying her book she still cherished.