Chapter 16 - Challenging the Recommended Characters (2/2)

Penny's POV

Finally, it's time for me to host a challenge for the recommended characters.

I went to the open area to see ten recommended characters who wanted to try, since they have nothing to do in this world.

???: About damn time...

??? 2: Don't be rude!

???: What are you going to do about it? Tell my mom?

One of them is stunned to speak about what they said.

???: That's what I thought.

Penny: That's enough, Grady.

Grady: Whatever.

Penny: Camila, I'm sorry if that happened to you for standing up to him.

Camila: It's okay.

Penny: Anyway, time for a challenge.

???: What is the challenge?

Grady: Nerd.

Penny: Good question Ethan, the challenge will be related to the card game UNO.

???: UNO cards? That's it?

Penny: Do you want me to give everyone here a hard challenge including you, Saylor?

Saylor: On second thought, I'll participate...

Ethan: Never heard of it but I like to try.

Penny: So the challenge is simple. The goal is to finish the UNO cards first before others. The two who finishes their UNO cards first will join the competition.

Grady: That's going to be me.

Saylor: We'll see about that, you pure tyrant.

Grady: You piece of shit-

Penny: And I already made 5 pairs to compete against each other.

She shows the list from the board to the recommended characters.

(Camila vs Helena
Saylor vs Grady
Ethan vs Garrett
Berta vs Corbin)
Ezra vs Saylor)

Saylor: Looks like we're destined to be enemies.

Grady: Yeah, no shit sherlock.

Penny: Pull up 7 cards from the deck.

Everyone pulls up 7 cards from the deck while trying not to show their cards.

Grady smirks at Saylor while holding two plus 4 cards and one skip card. The rest of his cards are numbers.

Saylor was surprised that he also got three plus four cards and two reverse cards. The rest of his cards also have numbers as well.

Saylor: (Time to kick his ass.)

Camila was nervous since she got only two plus 2 cards and the rest of her cards are random numbers.

Camila: (I'm dead.)

Helena: Let's just get over it.

Penny: You guys ready? On your mark, get set, go!

Camila was trying her best not to get more cards while playing her cards carefully.

Helena wanted to hurry up so she can use her phone to text her friend.

Saylor doesn't have the card relating to a current card on a desk. He decided to use the plus four card.

Grady smirks as he puts the plus four card as well.

Saylor: I see how it is.

He also puts the plus four card, on which Grady becomes agitated.

Grady: (I hope he doesn't have one more.)

Grady puts his plus four card, which Saylor laughs.

Saylor: Ha ha! You thought, bitch! You thought! Uno! 

He puts one more plus four card while smiling at Grady with a menacing look.

(Show them U-No mercy!!! -TinaMar)

Grady: You son of a bitch! I thought you had no plus four left!

Saylor: Good luck trying to win with a deck of cards.

Grady sighs as he puts one of the cards, which is a number.

Grady: I give up... you win...

Saylor: That's what I thought.

He put his last card relating to a color and waited for his turn.

Penny: Looks like a pair was done with the game. That means Saylor will move to the second round!

After a bit of waiting, the other four pairs had finished the game. Garrett, Camila, Ezra, and Corbin won, and they made it to the second round.

In round 2, Saylor won against Ezra. Sawyer has to comfort his brother. Corbin, Camila, and Garrett have to play against each other, since who wants to let one of them take the spot to join the game?

After the match between Camila, Corbin, and Garrett, Camila won against the two.

Garrett: What how!?

Corbin: Congrats Camila!

Camila: Thanks...

Penny: Now that Saylor and Camila have won the UNO game, meaning the two can join the game!

Saylor: I guess I'm not the only one who has to attend the game.

Camila: Yeah...

Grady: So now what are we going to do? We all lose a chance of joining a competition.

Penny: You can visit the city of Blahi or watch the competition in person.

Grady: That might do...

I watched the rest of the recommended characters take their break by going to the city of Blahi.

End of Penny's POV